FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: All post-conciliar popes blesseds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Word on the street is that Pope Benedict may be planning to beatify more of his immediate predecessors.  Not only John Paul I, but also Paul VI!  Is this happening? 

The National Catholic Register quote says it all:  "Pope Benedict’s possible beatifications of John Paul I and Paul VI would be the first time in history that a Pope has beatified three of his predecessors." 

And this unprecedented move is made for Paul VI, the man who presided over the creation of the new Mass - the Mass that Benedict called "a fabrication, a banal on-the-spot product." 

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/joh...r-of-faith 
Lolwut. Jpi qas pope for like ten days
Yup I read about it last night. Now they came up..er..they found a miracle attributed to Paul VI: A baby was cured from a disease while he was still in his mother's womb.

If true, this getting ridiculous.

For centuries, only two canonized popes: Pius V and Pius X

Now, all of the sudden, 4 in a row to be beatified? On top of that, their scandalous actions, Vatican II, etc....
(07-14-2012, 01:21 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]If true, this getting ridiculous.

Now, all of the sudden, 4 in a row to be beatified? On top of that, their scandalous actions, Vatican II, etc....

Well if there was ever any doubt that the NO was infallible or at least inferior though acceptable, wonder no more!

That's the thinking that the NO is seeking.
(07-14-2012, 01:37 PM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2012, 01:21 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]If true, this getting ridiculous.

Well if there was ever any doubt that the NO was infallible or at least inferior though acceptable, wonder no more!

The Catholic Church is the pillar and ground of truth, however. Perhaps if all the concilliar popes are canonized, the scales would fall from the eyes of many.
(07-14-2012, 01:43 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2012, 01:37 PM)Stubborn Wrote: [ -> ]

The Catholic Church is the pillar and ground of truth, however. Perhaps if all the concilliar popes are canonized, the scales would fall from the eyes of many.

True, She is the pillar and ground of truth, but the NO is not the Church - if the conciliar popes are canonized, the effect should be the realization of that, but instead, for most people, it will be the acceptance or welcoming of it. 
She will always be the pillar of Truth, or I would be post-conciliar and not Catholic.
(07-14-2012, 01:55 PM)Supplex Wrote: [ -> ]She will always be the pillar of Truth, or I would be post-conciliar and not Catholic.

If you attend the NO, you show that you believe that the NO is your Church, then you are post-conciliar and not Catholic. Or where am I mistaken?

This is rich.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6