FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Williamson: Get Rid of Bishop Fellay!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This has finally come to the fore of drawing the lines (of demarcation) where one stands in the scope of things in the Church:  Either one is for +Fellay and against +Williamson; or, one is for +Williamson against +Fellay.  I know where I am -- with the Virgin Mary.

+Williamson made a huge mistake about the Holocaust and drew animosity against the Society. This is the bane of the whole rotten thing.  Who did he think he was and what timeline in history was he in -- St. John Chrysostom's? (AD 344-407 A.D.), who among the Church Fathers (St. Augustine, specifically) wrote the strongest diatribes against the Jews?

There are staunch defenders of +Williamson and I am not one of them.  To want to derail God's will seems to be the agenda?  I see no group or a single person who will be responsible for bringing the Church back to Tradition except the SSPX.  All of you who say, Let's wait for Rome to convert will be looking at long futile wait, and as long as this goes on, how many more souls will be lost (the Demon ain't gonna give up that easy)?  Can you have that in your conscience?
How did this get released?

The leaking of these private matters has really got to stop.  It's an absolute embarrassment. 
(07-25-2012, 04:11 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]How did this get released?

The leaking of these private matters has really got to stop.  It's an absolute embarrassment. 

I'm pretty sure this was a public conference at the SSPX priory in London. +Williamson also called for the deposition of +Fellay in a recent Kyrie Eleison commentary.

Kyrie Eleison indeed.
Bishop Williamson now qualifies SSPX priests who disagree with him as "bad rubbish":

BTW, the whole conference series is also on youtube:

13 parts in total.
I have only watched the first part, and I don't know what to think of it. Bishop Williamson has always been described to me as a well educated and highly intelligent man, even by those who strongly disagree with him. However, the Bishop Williamson in the video is just stuttering his way through an incoherent rant, and takes more than 30 minutes for a very quick historic overview, that without his endless repetitions, mixups and mistakes would take three to five minutes. Among his most surprising thesis was that the French revolutionaries "pretended to be Catholic". I don't know but has he studied any history at all, or is he making this stuff up however fits him bets?

Anyway, is this the Bishop Williamson people have described as well educated and intelligent, or is this another version (due to advanced age, or whatever reasons)?
(07-25-2012, 04:07 AM)Vincentius Wrote: [ -> ]+Williamson made a huge mistake about the Holocaust and drew animosity against the Society.

Animosity against the Society has always existed, both in the world and in the Church (and Curia!).
(07-25-2012, 06:28 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2012, 04:07 AM)Vincentius Wrote: [ -> ]+Williamson made a huge mistake about the Holocaust and drew animosity against the Society.

Animosity against the Society has always existed, both in the world and in the Church (and Curia!).

If the world hate you, know ye, that it hath hated me before you.
John 15:18

(07-25-2012, 06:13 PM)Freudentaumel Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop Williamson now qualifies SSPX priests who disagree with him as "bad rubbish":

Might be strong words, but...
Quote: I see no group or a single person who will be responsible for bringing the Church back to Tradition except the SSPX.
That is not their responsibility.  It resides with a single person.  The Pope.  It was +Williamson who said as much in probably the best letter he ever wrote.  The Pope has to consecrate Russia.  The mission of the SSPX is to preserve Tradition and administer the sacraments to the faithful.  That is all.

The Pope is the Lord's Prime Minister.  Pray to Him to fix the Church and He'll probably say, "why are you telling Me?  Didn't I leave My Prime Minister on earth to run things?  Take it to him."

There is one way to fix it.  That is to honor Mary with the Consecration.  There is no other way.
(07-25-2012, 10:37 PM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I see no group or a single person who will be responsible for bringing the Church back to Tradition except the SSPX.
That is not their responsibility.  It resides with a single person.  The Pope.  It was +Williamson who said as much in probably the best letter he ever wrote.  The Pope has to consecrate Russia.  The mission of the SSPX is to preserve Tradition and administer the sacraments to the faithful.  That is all.

The Pope is the Lord's Prime Minister.  Pray to Him to fix the Church and He'll probably say, "why are you telling Me?  Didn't I leave My Prime Minister on earth to run things?  Take it to him."

There is one way to fix it.  That is to honor Mary with the Consecration.  There is no other way.

That is exactly what +Williamson said in a talk he gave here in Manila a few months ago. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8