FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Williamson: Get Rid of Bishop Fellay!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(07-26-2012, 01:54 PM)HolySouls Wrote: [ -> ]With respect to Fatima, how many people here are doing the Five First Saturdays devotion?  How many are praying a daily Rosary, and offering sacrifices, as we were asked to do?  Don't forget that it wasn't just the Pope and the bishops who weren't obeying Our Lady ... it's all of us, as well.

All I keep reading is "The Pope needs to" "The Pope needs to"  well, WE need to, too!
You are 100% right.
(07-26-2012, 03:37 PM)WesternWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2012, 01:54 PM)HolySouls Wrote: [ -> ]With respect to Fatima, how many people here are doing the Five First Saturdays devotion?  How many are praying a daily Rosary, and offering sacrifices, as we were asked to do?  Don't forget that it wasn't just the Pope and the bishops who weren't obeying Our Lady ... it's all of us, as well.

All I keep reading is "The Pope needs to" "The Pope needs to"  well, WE need to, too!
You are 100% right.

Yes. And don't forget that part of the 5 First Saturdays is to keep Our Lady company while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary (not while praying the Rosary) for 15 minutes.  (A lot of people miss that part.)
(07-25-2012, 06:24 PM)Freudentaumel Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, is this the Bishop Williamson people have described as well educated and intelligent, or is this another version (due to advanced age, or whatever reasons)?

He's is indeed a well educated and intelligent Bishop................. but one who lacks prudence.

I've always really admired and respected +Williamson.  More often than not, I find that he's misunderstood and is actually a well-educated, well-spoken man with a zeal that is truly inspiring.

This, however, I just don't get.  It lacks tact.  It's a bit subversive.  And for what?  +Fellay is not accepting any deal.  Obviously there's more going on here than just the discussions with Rome.
I think that vid was made before the issues surrounding a deal were settled.

This I think fits in with one of the apparitions to Sr Lucia where she was told there would be something blocking the consecration my belief is there needs to be a critical mass of people praying, performing penance and the specified devotions and the consecration would be the means God would then employ to give out the graces promised. Pray for the Holy Father.
The more this saga continues, and these kind of quotes keep coming forth, I foresee a time when SSPX topics may be more fitting to be placed in the Judaism, Zionism, Other Religions and Cults Forum.

You know it's really easy to spout off and be clear as a bell when you are a little fish in the grand scheme of things. For instance look at internet bloggers and those who make podcasts, or are involved in internet radio. Someone like a Daryl Bradford Smith at iamthewitness.com does his podcasts out of his attic in France. And he is free to say whatever he wants, as long as he does not violate French Law concerning the Holocaust. While someone like a Jeff Rense who actually has a business going has to be a little more careful and prudent.

That is the same difference between a +Williamson who is all dressed up in Wimbledon with nowhere to go and a Pope who is responsible for a billion Catholics. Only it is much more profound in this instance than the analogy I provided above.

How can one not like +Williamson? He speaks much truth and says what is on his mind. But, he is starting to remind me of a "store-front wild man" who has much nicer clothes and other assorted trappings.

If I were +Fellay, I would have to excommunicate him. Of course only if that is possible and he has such authority in his little club.

(07-27-2012, 04:05 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]I think that vid was made before the issues surrounding a deal were settled.

That's even more disconcerting.
This is about much more than the latest Gen. Assy., and negotiations with Newchurch.
I don't know much so I don't really involve myself with SSPX politics, but a lot of this has to do with Jew, Max Krah, his relationship with +Fellay, and their joint-investment banking businesses.
(07-27-2012, 06:45 AM)Jamey77 Wrote: [ -> ]This I think fits in with one of the apparitions to Sr Lucia where she was told there would be something blocking the consecration my belief is there needs to be a critical mass of people praying, performing penance and the specified devotions and the consecration would be the means God would then employ to give out the graces promised. Pray for the Holy Father.

Yes!  I believe that if people took Our Lady's mandates seriously, we would have had the consecration long before this.

And yes, the First Five Saturdays devotion includes a meditation on the Mysteries, as well as confession and Communion, in reparation for outrages against Our Lady.  The Daily Rosary is for world peace, and the sacrifices are in reparation for sins and for the conversion of sinners. 

"Make of everything you do a sacrifice" said the angel to the children. And Our Lady:  "Pray!  Pray very much for sinners, for many people go to hell because there is no one to pray for them."

It's quite a bit to do, but Our Lord is so flexible and reasonable.  When Lucia asked if people could have a week after the first Saturday to go to confession and take Communion, Our Lord answered, "Yes.  And more time still."  He makes it so easy for us to do it!

I'm just afraid that when I'm in front of the Seat of Judgment, Our Lord is going to ask if I did my part, or if I just sat around and complained that the Pope and the bishops didn't do theirs.  And I fear that for all of us.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8