FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Williamson: Get Rid of Bishop Fellay!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(07-27-2012, 03:37 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I've always really admired and respected +Williamson.  More often than not, I find that he's misunderstood and is actually a well-educated, well-spoken man with a zeal that is truly inspiring.

This, however, I just don't get.  It lacks tact.  It's a bit subversive.  And for what?  +Fellay is not accepting any deal.  Obviously there's more going on here than just the discussions with Rome.

Bishop Fellay is not accepting any deal now.   It can be reasonably assumed that Williamson and the SSPX priests who spoke out, influenced the decision to not take a deal. 

I truly doubt if Bp. Fellay had been consistent and walked the public talk he'd given up till 2009, he would not have had anythin but a unified SSPX behind him.  He would have had more influence and power in any negotiations and the answers would have come about more quickly.  But he has been weak, wishy washy, secretive and brought down into the same politicking that the Vatican prelates are masters at. 

Williamson said years ago in reference to the press, you have to fight them on your ground, not their ground, when you accept their language and framework, you are in the trap.

What Gerard said.
(07-27-2012, 06:15 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]What Gerard said.

This.

(07-27-2012, 03:37 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I've always really admired and respected +Williamson.  More often than not, I find that he's misunderstood and is actually a well-educated, well-spoken man with a zeal that is truly inspiring.

This, however, I just don't get.  It lacks tact.  It's a bit subversive.  And for what?  +Fellay is not accepting any deal.  Obviously there's more going on here than just the discussions with Rome.

And, I might add,  I think +W has been holding back over these years, despite knowing what +F has been up to.  If you read his Eleison Comments over the years, he argues principles, but he never named +F, even in his "Parkinson's Disease" one, which was a response to the Der Speigel hit piece in which +F & Fr. Pfluger smeared him so badly.   But I suspect the combination of the things +F said in his interviews this Spring (CNS & DICI), and so many other factors, are making him think "enough is enough."  The conferences +W gave in England were given right around the time he was banned from the General Chapter.  Thus, I am not sure if he said this before or after he got that news, but I suspect just after.   If so (and perhaps even if not) he must have thought, what have I got to lose?    You are correct; there's more going on here than just the discussions with Rome.  There is the watering-down of the SSPX, the liberalization, etc., which has been going on, and continues, deal or no deal w/ Rome.
In his interviews with Bernard Janzen, around the time of Protocol 1411, Bp. W pointed out the obviousness of the "moles" that were in the FSSP precisely to provoke that confrontation and make the FSSP submit to the Novus Ordo and abandon any doctrinal attachment to the TLM.  He said at the time, that it would only make sense that the same thing would be going on in the SSPX.  "Not everyone in the SSPX is an angel and not everyone in the FSSP and the Novus Ordo is a devil."  were his words at the time. 
That's an interesting quotation. I have to admit, I had always gotten the impression that Bishop Williamson thought that anyone who had anything to do with the post-VII Church was basically evil. Perhaps both his detractors and his supporters tend to paint a one-sided picture of the man?
(07-28-2012, 12:29 AM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: [ -> ]That's an interesting quotation. I have to admit, I had always gotten the impression that Bishop Williamson thought that anyone who had anything to do with the post-VII Church was basically evil. Perhaps both his detractors and his supporters tend to paint a one-sided picture of the man?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more ardent supporter of Bp. W than myself.  And it has been precisely because of the sensibility of his statements and the charity he extends. 

He has crticized people always about their ideas whether it be JPII or B16.  He has praised the intentions and efforts of Bishops Bruskewitz and Chaput even though he views their efforts as undermined by the conciliar machine. 

I have never seen him or heard him use any of the disparaging remarks that are used against him especially the disgraceful attacks against him in the media by Bishop Fellay and his underlings Pfluger et al. 
(07-28-2012, 12:49 AM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2012, 12:29 AM)Crusading Philologist Wrote: [ -> ]That's an interesting quotation. I have to admit, I had always gotten the impression that Bishop Williamson thought that anyone who had anything to do with the post-VII Church was basically evil. Perhaps both his detractors and his supporters tend to paint a one-sided picture of the man?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more ardent supporter of Bp. W than myself.  And it has been precisely because of the sensibility of his statements and the charity he extends. 

He has crticized people always about their ideas whether it be JPII or B16.  He has praised the intentions and efforts of Bishops Bruskewitz and Chaput even though he views their efforts as undermined by the conciliar machine. 

I have never seen him or heard him use any of the disparaging remarks that are used against him especially the disgraceful attacks against him in the media by Bishop Fellay and his underlings Pfluger et al. 
This.
What exactly are the components of the Fatima devotions/consecrations for laypersons?  I'm afraid I don't know them...
(07-28-2012, 12:49 AM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]I have never seen him or heard him use any of the disparaging remarks that are used against him especially the disgraceful attacks against him in the media by Bishop Fellay and his underlings Pfluger et al. 
So calling people "bad rubbish" is not disparaging?
Well I for one will say that I've always thought that Bishop W is (and always was) nutty, obsessive, egotistic and about as intelligent and logical as a marshmallow. About as puffed up, too. His league of followers just like a bloke with an english accent who sounds smart and says the kind of stuff they'd like to believe is real.

Good to see things coming to a head. I waited long enough! >sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8