FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: New Archbishop of San Francisco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There are has been an every Sunday TLM in SF for several months now.

I know about that ordination, I attended it in Oakland.
(07-27-2012, 08:51 PM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]However, have an "official" TLM available is extremely effective.  Once a conservative goes to one, chances are he'll keep going.  And he'll tell others.  If he does that for a few months, the scales fall from his eyes.  If he ventures back to the NO, he'll feel sick to his stomach.  Then he'll talk to his FSSP priest and find out more about the revolution.  He'll start reading the Remnant which Father keeps in the back of the Church.  Eventually he may even make it to Fisheaters.

And then he'll wonder what the hell he's gotten himself into... 

Sticking tongue out at you
(07-27-2012, 08:51 PM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]Conservatives don't know a thing about Tradition.  Most have only heard about the SSPX in passing, if at all.  Most also know nothing about Vat II and probably haven't read one word of it.  So a bishop can muddle them all he wants, they are already muddled.

However, have an "official" TLM available is extremely effective.  Once a conservative goes to one, chances are he'll keep going.  And he'll tell others.  If he does that for a few months, the scales fall from his eyes.  If he ventures back to the NO, he'll feel sick to his stomach.  Then he'll talk to his FSSP priest and find out more about the revolution.  He'll start reading the Remnant which Father keeps in the back of the Church.  Eventually he may even make it to Fisheaters.  Increasing the TLM is always a good thing.  And this bishop evidently ORDAINED AN FSSP PRIEST.  That's all I need to know.

Wow, your post describes me almost to a T. 
I was describing myself.
(07-27-2012, 10:03 PM)James02 Wrote: [ -> ]I was describing myself.

Sounds like we got something in common then. 
(07-27-2012, 03:31 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of San Francisco I will be in the city sometime in September and wondered if anyone knows where I can get to a decent Mass? Are there any Tradional Latin Masses or Divine Liturgies that I can get to if I'm staying near the financial district. I will have to take public transporation as I'm not renting a car. I don't do city driving.

Immaculate Conception Chapel. Fr. William Young.
(07-27-2012, 08:17 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]If anybody has contacts with the FSSP or the ICK can they tell them when Archbishop Cordileone takes over the Archdiocese of San Francisco he has a huge unused piece of property on the water in Marin County which has a beautiful old church. It used to be the St. Vincent's Home for Orphaned Boys (This was before Vatican 2 , they now abort those boys these days) It is a great place for the FSSP or the ICK to get as a seminary, Archbishop Cordileone is a friend of both they should ask him to establish themselves there. (The property is worth tens and tens of millions located in expensive Marin County)

That's a very nice church.  I get to go there once and awhile when I visit my parents in the area; it would be awsome to attend an FSSP mass there.

They have some pictures on their website...

http://www.tlmsf.org
Thanks for the pointers and the links guys. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find any suitable Mass in the city but this gives me hope.
That property is basically empty it would be great for the FSSP and ICK
Pages: 1 2 3