FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Very Powerful Vortex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Count your blessings! Never stray from the way of Christ, and never leave His side!
[video=youtube]
[/video]
(08-03-2012, 01:32 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: [ -> ]Count your blessings! Never stray from the way of Christ, and never leave His side!
[video=youtube]
[/video]
Indeed!
Never leave the visible ecclesistical structure of the Church which is essentially part and parcel of the mystical Body.
Great and stirring video!
And a longer part two:

(08-03-2012, 01:58 PM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]Never leave the visible ecclesistical structure of the Church which is essentially part and parcel of the mystical Body.

Why the need to make Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus so complicated? To make a point against the SSPX and independents? Pope Pius XII summed it up succinctly right here:
Pope Pius XII, Mystici Corporis Wrote:Actually only those are to be included as members of the Church who have been baptized and profess the true faith, and who have not been so unfortunate as to separate themselves from the unity of the Body, or been excluded by legitimate authority for grave faults committed.

See also:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...=3449667.0
(08-03-2012, 04:16 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2012, 01:58 PM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]Never leave the visible ecclesistical structure of the Church which is essentially part and parcel of the mystical Body.

Why the need to make Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus so complicated? To make a point against the SSPX and independents? Pope Pius XII summed it up succinctly right here:
Pope Pius XII, Mystici Corporis Wrote:Actually only those are to be included as members of the Church who have been baptized and profess the true faith, and who have not been so unfortunate as to separate themselves from the unity of the Body, or been excluded by legitimate authority for grave faults committed.

See also:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...=3449667.0
I have said this before. Old Salt bites the hand that feed him. That and he does not believe there is a case of necessity.Look at his old posts. It happens a lot.
Could someone please explain to me where  the "case of necessity" enters into the two very weighty quotations referred to by Crusader? That is, when I clicked on the link, I was taken to a discussion that had one question by Raskolnikov, followed by 2 quotations from very authoritative sources: Mystici Corporis and the Catechism of St. Pius X. Both quotations refer to the requirement to obey what is clearly the visible, lawful authority of the Catholic Church, the pope, etc. None of them allow for any exceptions from this apart from what is inplied by words such as "lawful". However, it seems to me that the 2 quotations make one of 2 groups right: JPII and all of the popes involved since the excommunications; and the group I will call sedevacantists and independents. But in the 2 quotations, there is no room for a third possibility at all. EIther the pastors are lawful or they are not. If they are lawful, they are to be obeyed. If not, we are to be sedevacantists.

So where does the "case of necessity" fit into these 2 quotations. I always thought that Archbishop Lefebvre felt it necessary in conscience to consecrate bishops illicitly because of his ailing health. Is there something else to it? I would appreciate an answer from someone who really knows the SSPX position in the matter.

And for the record, this is not meant to be an argument at all. I am really just trying to understand this issue.