FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Cardinal Burke on the OF and EF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Monday, August 13, 2012
Cardinal Burke, Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura, speaks with Raymond Arroyo about the revised English translations of the OF Missal as well as the usus antiquior:

http://gloria.tv/?media=321241
What do you think about this?
That the new OF Missal is an exact word for word translation of the TLM text.
Grin
(08-13-2012, 11:31 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]That the new OF Missal is an exact word for word translation of the TLM text.
Grin

Wouldn't that be nice....Just have the TLM in the vernacular.

What I got from his thoughts :
- he feels the new translation is an improvement
- he's ok with the two forms existing side by side
- he is an honest man, in that he acknowledges all is not well

I like him and feel he is orthodox.
(08-13-2012, 11:04 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]Monday, August 13, 2012
Cardinal Burke, Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura, speaks with Raymond Arroyo about the revised English translations of the OF Missal as well as the usus antiquior:

http://gloria.tv/?media=321241

An improved translation of heterodoxy is still a translation of heterodoxy. Also, you can't reform something that has never had good foundation/framework to begin with, like a house built upon sand. Face it Your Eminence, the only solution is to destroy the NO and reinstate the Tridentine as the norm.
(08-13-2012, 11:26 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think about this?
Back at you..
(08-14-2012, 12:21 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2012, 11:26 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think about this?
Back at you..

TSA summed it up
The Cardinal's replies were excellent. Cardinal Burke is a very holy prelate. May God bless him!

Let's hope Cardinal Burke secretly joins the SSPX, becomes Pope, and restores Tradition!

My eccentric optimism is getting to me again...
Pages: 1 2 3