FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(08-20-2012, 12:40 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not denying anything quoted from Trent above. I firmly and sincerely believe that the Christ, whole and entire, is contained under any part of the species of bread in the Eucharist. What I am not about to accept is that a fleck of microscopic dust constitutes the species of bread.

G.R.I.M., Catholic Encyclopedia, St. Augustine, Trent just to name a few say Christ subsists in every particle, no matter the size. Have any Church documents or Doctors backing your claim?
Of course christ is present even in the atomic level...but we have no responsability other then our normal perceptive powers.
Although I always receive on the tongue anyways, that video makes me want to stand in the front of my Church and yell at everyone who receives on the hand. Very good video.
(08-21-2012, 05:18 PM)paul11b Wrote: [ -> ]Although I always receive on the tongue anyways, that video makes me want to stand in the front of my Church and yell at everyone who receives on the hand. Very good video.

What would you yell at them?  Suggestion:

"Hey moron!  Way to commit sacrilege, receiving Our Lord's Body in your filthy, modernist, heretical, non-priesty hands.  You're going to hell you know.  Hope you like it down there, sinner!"

Or similar words.  :tiphat:
(08-21-2012, 05:30 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2012, 05:18 PM)paul11b Wrote: [ -> ]Although I always receive on the tongue anyways, that video makes me want to stand in the front of my Church and yell at everyone who receives on the hand. Very good video.

"Hey moron!  Way to commit sacrilege, receiving Our Lord's Body in your filthy, modernist, heretical, non-priesty hands.  You're going to hell you know.  Hope you like it down there, sinner!"

Or similar words.  :tiphat:
That would stop them from recieving in the hands ever again.
A few Sunday's ago I was talking to this guy after Mass while waiting for Father to come out and bless a bunch of Saint Benedict medals and the conversation turned to CITH. Well, this guy said that for years he attended the Novus Ordo since that was all he had and one time when he went up for Communion he knelt and put his tongue out to receive and somehow the priest dropped all the consecrated Hosts on the floor. He said that he was mortified and tried to sort of cordon off the area so that no one would trample them but the priest actually told him that he was taking it all too seriously. At another Mass I remember the priest telling us that where he used to be up in Pensylvania there was always this guy licking the floor before Mass before anyone came in and he just thought this guy was nuts until he told him why he was licking the floor---to consume particles from Hosts that had fallen off of peoples hands.
(08-21-2012, 05:33 PM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]

Or similar words.   :tiphat:
That would stop them from recieving in the hands ever again.

Yes, I'm a big believer in the direct approach.  Pull no punches, that's my motto. 
(08-21-2012, 09:37 AM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]Of course christ is present even in the atomic level...but we have no responsability other then our normal perceptive powers.

I believe it was St. Thomas Aquinas he said that we need not be scrupulous about the particles we cannot perceive with our senses, for the angels will look to the protection of the sacred species.

Or similar words.   :tiphat:
HAHAHA! I think that would certainly drive the point home.
Having before received both on the tongue and on the hand at the NO, I've rarely had particles in my hand afterward, but ignore the stares to lick them off.  On the tongue, it always almost ends up that the Host is nearly dropped.

Should you ever go Baptist, you'd fit right in with my old church...as long as you kept the fire and brimstone, but lost everything before going to hell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13