FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: For all the NOers here: Jesus in on the floor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(08-19-2012, 02:50 AM)TS Aquinas Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2012, 02:16 AM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]This thread has made me supremely thankful to our good and loving God that since the new rite of ordination has given us a bunch of doubtfully ordained "priests" and the NO "Mass" is a doubtful "Mass" that these people are just trampling bread underfoot.

If the new rite of consecrating a bishop was so doubtful, I wonder why Bishop Ottaviani gave it his ok as CDF? Truly a brilliant man, I doubt something like that would slip by him.

You'll have to discuss that with those people.  I warn you, however, that you are treading dangerous ground.  You're this close, this close I mean it, to being called a stinky-headed Modernist or even worse, a neo-Cat.  That's right.   :sneaky:
(08-19-2012, 02:55 AM)TS Aquinas Wrote: [ -> ]He examined it in 67.

I didn't know that.
Saturday my wife and I were at TLM in Springfield, IL. A newly ordained priest (May 2012) for his homily was talking about the hymns at mass and sacred chants. He started out by saying that most hymns at Mass were protestant anyway and that would be a talk for another day. Cha-ching! Then he went on to say that he'd give us an example of sacred chant that he had learned in seminary in St. Louis from a benedictine monk. He said it was a chant they used in a particular Feast day of Mary. The Mass he was celebrating yesterday was a Feast day of Mary as are most that are celebrated on Saturday mornings in this church. He said that it was very similar to the chant that you might on Good Friday. When he started chanting, I kid you not, head kind of tilted, not unlike a dog's head would hearing a high pitched whistle. I realized a few seconds later that it was an involuntary movement to align my ear to get the best possible reception. What I heard for the next minute was indescribable. I have heard chant on CD's and live in Cathedrals but what I heard coming from this priests mouth was sacred and he had the knowledge and understanding of the differences between the sacred and profane. He said chants were built around the prayers to flow with them where as nowadays they take nonsacred music and try to somehow fit the prayer inside. I was at noon NO Mass for the Assumption and at communion they were singing a hymn to the tune of Amazing Grace but it wasn't the same lyrics unless it was a different verse that I hadn't heard before.    AWFULL.
When I go to a Novus Ordo Mass, I do inspect my hands for fragments and have never seen any.  Just my experience.
When I go to the NO, as I will at 10:00am, I am the only one in the church who recieves kneeling on the tongue and I never inspect my hands.
(08-19-2012, 09:30 AM)lumine Wrote: [ -> ]When I go to a Novus Ordo Mass, I do inspect my hands for fragments and have never seen any.  Just my experience.
Why would a trad receive in the hand? Even NO you can at least receive on the tongue.
(08-19-2012, 01:23 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2012, 09:30 AM)lumine Wrote: [ -> ]When I go to a Novus Ordo Mass, I do inspect my hands for fragments and have never seen any.  Just my experience.
Why would a trad receive in the hand? Even NO you can at least receive on the tongue.
THIS

Because I may receive my Lord in my hand, that is why.  Obviously when I go to a TLM, I receive on my tongue.  The important part is that I receive my Lord and Savior.
(08-19-2012, 01:46 PM)lumine Wrote: [ -> ]

Because I may receive my Lord in my hand, that is why.  Obviously when I go to a TLM, I receive on my tongue.  The important part is that I receive my Lord and Savior.
Would that be your steering hand? or the one you use to scratch your neck with?
Oh, are you a priest?
(08-19-2012, 01:46 PM)lumine Wrote: [ -> ]

fine and thats your option but trad your not...conservative NO...Neo Con probably ....(still a good person) but definitely part of the problem
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13