FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Would Americans be right to rebel against their government?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(08-27-2012, 08:54 AM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2012, 11:03 AM)Canisius12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2012, 10:30 AM)seanipie Wrote: [ -> ]Neo-Floriano asked if it was right for us to rebel against the British crown. Seeing as how things here have escalated to a breaking point now, what say you fellow fishies?

Hell, I am hoping for it.......

Keep in mind we already had a civil war just last century. It was called the Slaughter of the Cities. A black operation. We lost.

Careful what you wish for.

Indeed, if it happens again it will most likely be a re-packaged October Revolution.
Who will take up arms? I can't see the majority of Americans giving a flying fig about what's going on enough to actually consider fighting in the streets. The far left and the far right I could see having a few scuffles but the majority of people belong to neither. The danger would be that the far left college student commie types might fight a bunch of tea party people and militias and then the government would violently destroy those on the right, create a media frenzy about how for our own good we need a temporary police state and then, well, we'd be living in a dictatorship.
One interesting study is to read Dostoyevsky--not just a few books but the whole of them. He wrote quite a few decades before the Bolsheviks came to power but you can see in his books that Russian society had been heading towards the point a Communist revolution for a long time before 1917.  I wonder if we can take anything from reading his books about what is surely happening here?
(08-27-2012, 02:57 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: [ -> ]No. It was not just.

So, if some loud-mouth kid decides to use this thread to show off how tough he is and they come after Vox and the forum, will that be just?
He was talking about the American Revolution, Jane.
(08-27-2012, 10:30 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Phillipus Iacobus' pid='1065482' dateline='1346050647']
No. It was not just.
[/quote

So, if some loud-mouth kid decides to use this thread to show off how tough he is and they come after Vox and the forum, will that be just?

?
(08-27-2012, 12:50 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2012, 10:30 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2012, 02:57 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: [ -> ]No. It was not just.

?

I thought this was a response to the post that immediately preceded it.  Apparently, you are responding to something in the OP.
Yes, that was about the OP. Not Floriano.
I think to play it safe the question should be asked in this fashion, "were the Mexicans right to rebel against their government?" (the whole "For Greater Glory" thing) and then the next question should be, "do you think that America will ever get to the point that the the Mexican government did toward the Church?" and then "what would you do in that situation if it happened?"

:safe:

I'll answer them first. 1. Yes. 2. don't know but the scripture makes it look as though the world and the anti-christ will turn on the church 3. I hope it doesn't, we are planning on heading for the hills if it does...
I tend to think that the Church will only be viciously persecuted in America if the Church gets really serious about being truly countercultural. This would require prelates to "tell it like it is" in no uncertain terms; for priests to preach the unadulterated Catholic faith; and for laity to do everything necessary to help themselves and their families to turn away from all that is wrong and evil in our culture. If this should happen we will set an example that will have to be dealt with. We will even bring in a lot of converts because people are starving for something true and real today. Should we continue down the path of political correctness and compromise there will be no reason for the State to persecute the Church in violent ways, for we will have already basically voluntarily watered down Catholicism so much it will not be threatening to anyone. Obama is picking this fight with the Church in America because he's not stupid, he knows he can win and you'll see, in November he will. Catholic hospitals will by and large comply with his mandate and it will be business as usual. The only way there will be a violent persecution against us is if that changes.  That being said I think we will see a trend of hatred towards religion in general but this is expected, as even the the public school system kids are brainwashed by the creation stories of atheistic scientism and taught, albeit implicitly, that "science" has disproved religion or at least made it utterly irrelevant outside the context of one's private life. Public education and the media, coupled with a weak Church, is helping to create tomorrows October Revolutionaries.

Pages: 1 2 3 4