FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Traditional Latin Mass really brings about a metanoia :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My friend and I attended a Sung Mass last night at a little chapel in our Dominican university here in Manila. It was the first time in over 40 years for the TLM to be celebrated. The small chapel was overflowing with students and professors that seats were set up outside. I guess The Dominicans weren't expecting a deluge of people attending. Well after the Mass, I was surprised that my friend asked me what time were confessions conducted in the main chapel (i know she's a cold Catholic) and she also said she'd attend another TLM with me.  Smile
That's very encouraging to hear, especially now that the RH Bill is coming in full force.
(08-25-2012, 02:12 AM)arashijing Wrote: [ -> ]That's very encouraging to hear, especially now that the RH Bill is coming in full force.

It passed?
(08-25-2012, 02:54 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2012, 02:12 AM)arashijing Wrote: [ -> ]That's very encouraging to hear, especially now that the RH Bill is coming in full force.

It passed?

If so, that's horrible.
(08-25-2012, 03:08 AM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: [ -> ]

It passed?

If so, that's horrible.

no it didn't, it was supposed to be dealt with in congress two weeks ago but terrible monsoon rains started pouring into the manila area causing floods and damage and casualties. Then a high government official gets his plane crashed and lost his body out at sea. his body is now retrieved. similar events happened two years ago whene they tried to make the RH Bill as a law. Maybe God is really interfering!!  Grandpa thank goodness the Philippines was consecrated to the Sacred Heart a long time ago!!! Please pray for the Philippine Islands the "Pueblo Amante de Maria"!!!  Pray
Yep, my spidey sense said the PI should be fertile ground for a return of the TLM. Filipinos have a more mystical faith and those types are prime for seeing the difference in the masses. I've known a few through my life and even the Protestant guy had a real fear of God. I also know the Devil knows this and will fight a battle royale not to allow the TLM.

tim
(08-25-2012, 08:04 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, my spidey sense said the PI should be fertile ground for a return of the TLM. Filipinos have a more mystical faith and those types are prime for seeing the difference in the masses. I've known a few through my life and even the Protestant guy had a real fear of God. I also know the Devil knows this and will fight a battle royale not to allow the TLM.

tim

I thank the Spaniards for coming here and planting the Catholic Faith in these islands Smile 491 years ago! 
The Philippines is a wreck in a lot of ways.

The RCIA instruction there is terrible, and a whole lot of Catholics there don't even know the basic stories of the Bible.  Often, parishes are cliquish and emotion-based, and priests often have no problem with gays.

There's a LOT of effeminete men who are gay in the Philippines, and the clergy hardly ever address their wickedness.

(08-25-2012, 08:04 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, my spidey sense said the PI should be fertile ground for a return of the TLM. Filipinos have a more mystical faith and those types are prime for seeing the difference in the masses. I've known a few through my life and even the Protestant guy had a real fear of God. I also know the Devil knows this and will fight a battle royale not to allow the TLM.

tim

While I appreciate your optimism, Tim, I don't think the Philippines is going to be a great bastion of Traditional Catholicism.  In my opinion, once every important element of God is removed from that country (thanks to the evil importation of American pop culture), the Philippines will be a COMPLETE and utter dustbin.

Horrible to say, but without money, a third-world Godless country is not a place to be.
(08-25-2012, 07:05 AM)Filipino Catholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2012, 03:08 AM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: [ -> ]

It passed?

If so, that's horrible.

no it didn't, it was supposed to be dealt with in congress two weeks ago but terrible monsoon rains started pouring into the manila area causing floods and damage and casualties. Then a high government official gets his plane crashed and lost his body out at sea. his body is now retrieved. similar events happened two years ago whene they tried to make the RH Bill as a law. Maybe God is really interfering!!  Grandpa thank goodness the Philippines was consecrated to the Sacred Heart a long time ago!!! Please pray for the Philippine Islands the "Pueblo Amante de Maria"!!!   Pray

Pray Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on your people in the Philippines and spare them this.
While many Filipinos are trads, have a certain piety, love of family, etc., they have not escaped. Many are Novus Ordoized - be it laity or clerics. I know very few in my generation, let alone my mother's, who take the Faith seriously. There is a lot of rot, and a "cultural" Catholicism.
Pages: 1 2