FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 9 Dinner guest, dead or alive. Who would you invite?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(08-29-2012, 11:13 PM)HuskerTom Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2012, 11:09 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]You'd best have some high quality booze for that crowd.  Just sayin.

You're probably right.  I guess Pabst Blue Ribbon just wouldn't cut it?

PBR is just fine.  I'll have a few with the appetizers.  But I'll want some fancy bourbon and at least a pint of foamy trappist brew. 
(08-29-2012, 11:11 PM)HuskerTom Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2012, 11:04 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]You do realize all those people are dead?  So the C4 would prolly be....umm....overkill?  Yes, indeed. 

Technically, 2 of them are still alive, but I see your point.  My other option was to have Our Lord be the 9th guest and give them a smackdown.  Perhaps that would be more charitable?   :shrug:

2 still alive?  Huh.  I need to read the news more.

If this is strictly an earthly dinner and we're still dealing with earthly passions, I think most folks would be pretty nervous around Our Lord.  I think it would be a pretty subdued dinner.
(08-29-2012, 11:13 PM)HuskerTom Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2012, 11:09 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]You'd best have some high quality booze for that crowd.  Just sayin.

You're probably right.  I guess Pabst Blue Ribbon just wouldn't cut it?

Let me clarify.  Give the rotgut to the rest of them and save the good stuff for me.  I'll need it, especially if you sit me between Rosarium and Walty.
Clint Eastwood
Jack Nicholson
Mel Gibson
Gene Hackman
Robert De Niro
Vic Morrow
Steve McQueen
Al Pacino
Johnny Depp

Talk about a heck of a movie cast.
(08-29-2012, 11:38 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]Clint Eastwood
Jack Nicholson
Mel Gibson
Gene Hackman
Robert De Niro
Vic Morrow
Steve McQueen
Al Pacino
Johnny Depp

Talk about a heck of a movie cast.

I think this is the cast from The Expendables 3.
Living guests? (The Catholic Underground. The Resistance)    :eyeroll:

Pope Benedict
Bishop Williamson    ( Prefect of Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura)
Bishop Tissier de Mallerais (Head of Holy office of the Inquisition)
Bishop Athanasius Schneider (Sacra Congregatio de Disciplina Sacramentorum)
Fr. Michael Rodriguez (Cardinal Prefect Congregatio pro Institutis Vitae Consecratae et Societatibus Vitae Apostolicae)
John Salza (Lawyer. Official Apologist)
Archbishop Corleone (memo: pick up a lot of wine) (Congregatio pro Gentium Evangelizatione)
Michael Voris (Media, News)
Mel Gibson (non-SV.)  (Minister of propaganda)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once the dinner is concluded, True restoration begins.....

(08-29-2012, 08:24 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]Im going to exclude on my list all of the saints and holy family because those are a GIVEN! What Catholic wouldnt want to spend time with all of them OF COURSE! boooring for the thread I in my stupid opinion. However here is my 2nd list not counting the saints.( and not in any order of preference)
Van Morrison
Blaise Pascal
Nikoli Tesla
George S Patton
George Cloony (yes thats right)
Jim Caveizel
Henry Ford
Barak Obama ( I would so give him a piece of my mind :angrywom:)

Oh and the most interesting of all.....
Vox Clamantis

Haha.. Well, that's flattering, ya liar :P  But if this were to pass, could you seat me between Mssrs Caviezel and Tesla? LOL

My list, minus Saints and the Holy Family, would go.. hmm..: lessee.. how about:

Pat Buchanan
Ron Paul
Mel Gibson
James Cagney
Barbara Stanwyck
Alfred Hitchcock
Jimmy Stewart
Oscar Wilde
Edgar Allan Poe

And I'd beg Julia Child to cook for us. We'd eat French food, all fancy. Alice Toklas would send dessert :P Then Oscar would break out some absinthe. And we'd play surrealist games and charades and have a bonfire in the back yard.  Everyone would have to bring something for Show-and-Tell -- something that delights them or has deep meaning to them -- and one poem or song to share with the others and that they'd have to recount or sing themselves.  And the party goes on for three days, everyone crashing at my place (cause I'd live in a mansion, see) and waking up late for mimosas, strawberries, and a good French bread with butter and jam and coffee, with a huge tea at 4:00, and another dinner at 9:00, followed by a night of frog-racing and watching a Hitchcock movie while he tells us all about it as it goes along. On the third day, we all go to a carnival (Mel goes through the Tunnel of Love with me, and Mr. Hitchcock -- whom I call "Al" by now (he calls me "dear girl") -- takes me through the haunted house). We get back to my place and get out the Amaretto and gin and such and make bricolage music with things lying about the house until Jimmy, with a nice buzz on, puts on his tap shoes and dances for us. Then we make S'mores in the fireplace and tell ghost stories. They don't want to leave in the morning, but I tell them they must because I have to be in Paris by evening, alas. But we promise to do it again next year.

Gandalf the Grey
Frodo Baggin
Samwise Gamgee
Aragorn (also known as Strider)
Legolas
Gimli, son of Gloin
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Peregrin Took
Boromir

I'm a trad and I'm married already, so not worried about scaring the chicks away.
(08-30-2012, 05:02 AM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]Gandalf the Grey
Frodo Baggin
Samwise Gamgee
Aragorn (also known as Strider)
Legolas
Gimli, son of Gloin
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Peregrin Took
Boromir

I'm a trad and I'm married already, so not worried about scaring the chicks away.

I'd leave Peregrin Took off the list.  He'd probably end up breaking all the fine china.
I thought about inviting Arwen instead but my wife is very jealous.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8