FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Chinese bishop urges Rosary and Catachism Study
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bishop Luke Li Jingfeng has directed that each parish in his diocese offer a daily Rosary and a program of study devoted to the Catachism of the Catholic church during the upcoming Year of Faith which begins October 11.
Bishop Li is the bishop of Fengxiang, which is located in central China. He has also encouraged priests to organize study sessions for Sacred Scripture and the documents of the Second Vatican Council.
Consecrated in 1980, Bishop Li ministers openly, but has not joined the government run Chinese Patriotic Association. Bishop Li is 90 years old.   
Sounds good in general but what is this ridiculous need to include the documents of V2 alongside Sacred Scripture?
(08-31-2012, 08:48 AM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good in general but what is this ridiculous need to include the documents of V2 alongside Sacred Scripture?

It was the best council ever. That's why.
Because fallible, non-dogmatic, and pastoral documents are placed alongside the Gospel on the altar of the NewChurch.
It's THE Council.  All others have been superseded.
Because it's the most recent Council in Church history?

I know.  I sound like a nut.  :pazzo:
I have a DVD about the Catholic Church in China and the Bishop is featured in the film. He was constantly harassed until a few years ago but now they leave him alone.
(08-31-2012, 09:49 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Because it's the most recent Council in Church history?

I know.  I sound like a nut.   :pazzo:

Of course, it is, ... but do you really want to suggest that the explanation's that simple, and it has nothing to do with the exuberant modern tone and lack of clarity of the documents, and their association with the glorious reforms in liturgy, law and doctrine since?
Yep, of course it is the Catechism of the Conciliar Church, rather than the Catechism of Trent or the Catechism of St. Pius X.
(09-04-2012, 10:31 AM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, of course it is the Catechism of the Conciliar Church, rather than the Catechism of Trent or the Catechism of St. Pius X.

I'm rather fond of the Douay Catechism. Especially the section on the liturgy, explains most of everything and the reasons why.
Pages: 1 2