FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Tradition in Africa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Considering that so much of the Church's growth is in Africa it's great to see Tradition spreading there.

http://sspx.org/regional_sspx_news/afric...7-2012.htm
In the mainstream Catholic church I know African Catholics have HUGE problems sticking to the fifth and ninth commandments.  Basically 90% of the men and more than half of the Catholic priests have a mistress or several of them.  It's totally ingrained into their culture which is essentially polyamorous.

I'd be interested to know whether SSPXers are affected by this or whether they are completely counter cultural and would really look with great distain and disgust on adulterous affairs with other women.
(09-08-2012, 11:59 AM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]In the mainstream Catholic church I know African Catholics have HUGE problems sticking to the fifth and ninth commandments.  Basically 90% of the men and more than half of the Catholic priests have a mistress or several of them.  It's totally ingrained into their culture which is essentially polyamorous.

I'd be interested to know whether SSPXers are affected by this or whether they are completely counter cultural and would really look with great distain and disgust on adulterous affairs with other women.
not exactly!
Our problems are not very different from those of other parts of the world
The Remnant had a story about the FSSP in Nigeria back in 2009:

http://www.remnantnewspaper.com/Archives...ration.htm
(09-08-2012, 02:23 PM)pbmsemwa Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2012, 11:59 AM)ggreg Wrote: [ -> ]In the mainstream Catholic church I know African Catholics have HUGE problems sticking to the fifth and ninth commandments.  Basically 90% of the men and more than half of the Catholic priests have a mistress or several of them.  It's totally ingrained into their culture which is essentially polyamorous.

not exactly!
Our problems are not very different from those of other parts of the world

Sorry are you saying that the African SSPX has a cultural propensity to Polygamy or it opposes the culture.

I know mainstream African priests who tell me that half of the married men in their parish and some of the junior priests have mistresses.  I was wondering whether those people who go to the SSPX would suffer from this or fight against the culture.

English Catholics for example had more zeal than Europeans directly after the restoration because they had fought for their faith.
I'd like to see this posted on another forum.

Watch it get a dozen or so negative replies.

(09-08-2012, 03:42 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see this posted on another forum.

The way that things been going here lately, I figured this forum would get negative replies.
(09-08-2012, 06:21 PM)JMartyr Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2012, 03:42 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see this posted on another forum.

The way that things been going here lately, I figured this forum would get negative replies.
I will refrain from posting realities in this thread. For some here it would be referred to as "negative replies".
I am simply curious. Polyamory is a well known quirk of African men, not every country in SS Africa obviously, but most.
(09-08-2012, 06:21 PM)JMartyr Wrote: [ -> ]

Eh, I don't particularly agree with the SSPX's position and I'm very sad that the talks between Menzingen and Rome amounted to naught; but still I'm glad to see any group of solid Catholics grow.
Pages: 1 2