FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Religous Freedom in UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the European Court of Human Rights, state attorneys for the UK argues that Christians do not have the right to wear a crucifix at work
"There is a difference between the professional sphere where your religous beliefs conflict with other interests and the private sphere. argued James Eadie. "That does not mean that in their professional sphere anyone can manifest their religous belief in any way they choose," he continued."Employees are free to resign if they find their employment incompatible with their religous beliefs.
The court is considering the case of four british citizens who allege they were the victims of anti-religous discrimination on the job.   
Poor Britain...
I own my own business.  I have the right to do anything I can get away with.
Unf...ing believeable !

tim
When priests are more in word than matter;
When brewers mar their malt with water;
When nobles are their tailors' tutors;
No heretics burn'd, but wenches' suitors;
When every case in law is right;
No squire in debt, nor no poor knight;
When slanders do not live in tongues;
Nor cutpurses come not to throngs;
When usurers tell their gold i' the field;
And bawds and whores do churches build;
Then shall the realm of Albion
Come to great confusion:
--The Fool
(09-11-2012, 05:02 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]At the European Court of Human Rights, state attorneys for the UK argues that Christians do not have the right to wear a crucifix at work

Oh Britain, how far you've fallen.
Since when? The reformation?  I agree with you.

But after that Britain has always been a nation of irreligious people.

Done pretty well though for a small cold damp island inhabited by most ugly people.