FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Adult Gregorian Chant Class 9/19 - 11/7 (San Diego)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I posted earlier about the Children's Chant Camp at St. Anne Church in San Diego.
Well, an adult class is about to start! You can expect this to be excellent.
"St. Anne Church San Diego (info taken from Southern Cross Ad)" Wrote:Want To Sing Scripture?

This FREE course is designed for choir directors, singers, and anyone wanting to gain familiarity with chant.

Classes taught by Mary Ann Carr Wilson, Director of Music at St. Anne, B.M., M.M.

Wednesday evenings 7-9 pm, Sept. 19 - Nov. 7
St. Anne Catholic Church, Choir Room
621 Sicard Street, San Diego, CA 92113

To register, please leave a message for Mary Ann at the parish office, 619-239-8253 ext.116

* We'll learn how to sing acapella from chant notation.
* We'll sing 1-2 Chant Ordinaries (Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus, Agnus Dei),
1 Credo, 4-5 Chant Hymns, 2-4 Marian antiphonsGregorian Chant Course

Come Sing and Learn the Basics of Our Catholic Sung Prayer
Why can't we get something like this in LA/OC? Can we?
(09-17-2012, 01:06 AM)Doce Me Wrote: [ -> ]I posted earlier about the Children's Chant Camp at St. Anne Church in San Diego.
"St. Anne Church San Diego (info taken from Southern Cross Ad)" Wrote:Want To Sing Scripture?

This FREE course is designed for choir directors, singers, and anyone wanting to gain familiarity with chant.

Classes taught by Mary Ann Carr Wilson, Director of Music at St. Anne, B.M., M.M.

To register, please leave a message for Mary Ann at the parish office, 619-239-8253 ext.116

Wonderful!
Thank you!
(09-17-2012, 02:15 AM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't we get something like this in LA/OC? Can we?

There was something a few months back at Mount St Mary's. But this on-going thing looks good.
(09-17-2012, 02:15 AM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't we get something like this in LA/OC? Can we?

Agreed.  I heard the FSSP were investigating coming to LA, but haven't heard a peep since.  We are a desert.  We have our TLMs, but not nearly enough for 12M+ people!!!

BTW, St. Therese's TLM (High Mass) at 1:00PM is, musically, so incredible it will put tingles down the spine.
We need TLM parishes with daily Mass. I will not attend for any extended length of time "mixed" parishes. Granted some have true unity in the parish, but most are divided, and the pastor does very little to foster a unified vision. Sometimes the TLM priests are just "visitors". We are far from having a faithful implementation of SP. Our bishops have failed miserably in this respect.
(09-17-2012, 01:06 AM)Doce Me Wrote: [ -> ]I posted earlier about the Children's Chant Camp at St. Anne Church in San Diego.

Cool! I wish I could go just to see how she runs the class.
I LOVE St. Therese's TLM. I stopped attending once I moved to Fullerton. I tried to go to St John
The Baptist in Costa Mesa but I really did not feel connected. Between the building and the choir, I just couldn't go back. I was very surprised of my experience, as Norbertine masses are generally very reverent. I've been attending an Anglican Use mass but it's not the same as a beautifully done EF.
(09-18-2012, 08:05 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE St. Therese's TLM. I stopped attending once I moved to Fullerton. I tried to go to St John
The Baptist in Costa Mesa but I really did not feel connected. Between the building and the choir, I just couldn't go back. I was very surprised of my experience, as Norbertine masses are generally very reverent. I've been attending an Anglican Use mass but it's not the same as a beautifully done EF.

Come by OLHC. If you're worried about jurisdiction, you can talk to Monsignor about that. He's now under a bishop for the Knights of Malta. I am sure Bishop Brown doesn't like this, so you decide if you're fine with that. Bishop Brown has not shown himself to be very kind to traditionalists in general.

http://www.ourladyhelpofchristians.us/se...y-fr-perez
Hmmm...the letter mentions Joseph Mar Thomas being a bishop from India and goes on about how ancient the liturgy is and it's part of the 23 Catholic rites but with a quick google search I came up with this. This is the church he rules.

The Mar Thoma Syrian Church of Malabar or Mar Thoma Church is a small Christian denomination based in the state of Kerala in southwestern India.It is an Eastern Church by tradition and following the Western Protestant theology.

Definitely not something I want to associate myself with.
Pages: 1 2