FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Jesus' "wife and disciple"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Usually you don't see this stuff until Easter.  It is election season.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/19/us/his...fe.html?hp
I JUST read this! You beat me to it.. I wondered if it was even worth creating a thread.
Quote:The provenance of the papyrus fragment is a mystery, and its owner has asked to remain anonymous. Until Tuesday, Dr. King had shown the fragment to only a small circle of experts in papyrology and Coptic linguistics, who concluded that it is most likely not a forgery. But she and her collaborators say they are eager for more scholars to weigh in and perhaps upend their conclusions.

:LOL:
Alas, more groundbreaking "evidence" coming from a fragment of a non-canonical text written centuries after the fact and never acknowledged as true by Christians.

I wonder when people will get tired of these "discoveries" that supposedly will ignite "intense debate" in the Church.
(09-18-2012, 04:57 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]I JUST read this! You beat me to it.. I wondered if it was even worth creating a thread.

It is.  Best used as analyzing evil's attack.  In this case, creating division, fanning the flames of feminist pride, hatred of "paternalistic and male dominated Catholiicism", and it could serve to crack the door to womyn priestess.
(09-18-2012, 05:00 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]Alas, more groundbreaking "evidence" coming from a fragment of a non-canonical text written centuries after the fact and never acknowledged as true by Christians.

I wonder when people will get tired of these "discoveries" that supposedly will ignite "intense debate" in the Church.

They'll get tired only when Holy Mother Church is in ruins.  They'll have a long wait...
(09-18-2012, 05:02 PM)onosurf Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2012, 04:57 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]I JUST read this! You beat me to it.. I wondered if it was even worth creating a thread.

It is.  Best used as analyzing evil's attack.  In this case, creating division, fanning the flames of feminist pride, hatred of "paternalistic and male dominated Catholiicism", and it could serve to crack the door to womyn priestess.

The trouble is this particular canard has been around for ages.  Anyone with any knowledge of history knows this...
(09-18-2012, 05:00 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]Alas, more groundbreaking "evidence" coming from a fragment of a non-canonical text written centuries after the fact and never acknowledged as true by Christians.

If the NYT printed it, and every media outlet picked it up, then it was a diabolical success.  It met both the media's agenda and the agenda of satan.  In today's environment, where we pray with pagans, this article may be toted out by confused hierarchy.  Don't take this article as a joke.
(09-18-2012, 05:06 PM)onosurf Wrote: [ -> ]

If the NYT printed it, and every media outlet picked it up, then it was a diabolical success.  It met both the media's agenda and the agenda of satan.  In today's environment, where we pray with pagans, this article may be toted out by confused hierarchy.   Don't take this article as a joke.

The article is indeed a sad joke, unless the person has no brains left or is just so prejudiced that will take anything against Christianity as necessarily true.
(09-18-2012, 05:08 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2012, 05:06 PM)onosurf Wrote: [ -> ]

If the NYT printed it, and every media outlet picked it up, then it was a diabolical success.  It met both the media's agenda and the agenda of satan.  In today's environment, where we pray with pagans, this article may be toted out by confused hierarchy.   Don't take this article as a joke.

The article is indeed a sad joke, unless the person has no brains left or is just so prejudiced that will take anything against Christianity as necessarily true.

This quote doesn't apply to just Americans. 

(http://www.informationclearinghouse.info...e21239.htm)
There are over 42 million American adults, 20 percent of whom hold high school diplomas, who cannot read, as well as the 50 million who read at a fourth- or fifth-grade level. Nearly a third of the nation’s population is illiterate or barely literate. And their numbers are growing by an estimated 2 million a year. But even those who are supposedly literate retreat in huge numbers into this image-based existence. A third of high school graduates, along with 42 percent of college graduates, never read a book after they finish school. Eighty percent of the families in the United States last year did not buy a book.

You know the quote:

If you tell a lie long enough loud enough and often enough the people will believe it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4