FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How to explain Protestant "healings"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today I watched a programme about people who go to evangelical and charismatic churches, expecting to be healed of cancer, paralisation, or any disease they suffer.

I often see testimonies of people who have been cured and healed from thee services and "revivals".

My question is this: are they false, were these healings more of a "heat of the moment" thing? Or, does something actually happen?

I would assume the answer to the latter question is no, because, evanglical churches are not valid Churches and are separated from the mystical Body of Christ and believe in the heretical doctrine of "sola scripture". I want a definitive answer though, because it's bothering me now  :blush:

Thanks in advance, and God Bless.
Well LVI,
Everything I've ever heard is that most of these folks are ignorant that they believe heresy...especially when you factor in the type of people that attend these tent revivals. If that's the case, wouldn't you think the Holy Spirit could still work wonders for them? After all, some of them do have the Faith that moves mountains.
The Lord himself told the Apostles not to oppose those casting out devils. This is just another something which we don't understand.

tim
Who knows? It can be God. It can be a trick of Satan.
Let's also not forget: 

Matt. 7:22  Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name?
Matt. 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.
Fr. Amorth in his first book talks about curses being used to foist sickness and ailments on people and then arranging for those sicknessess and ailments to be "cured" by the very same people that arranged for demons to afflict them.  It's a vicious cycle used to draw people away from the faith since they periodically get cured by the 'witch' and they get scammed out of their money. 

I was always a bit confused as to the "USING DEVILS TO CAST OUT DEVILS" thing...Jesus said Satan can't cast out himself.
I think it is possible.

[37]John answered him, saying: Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, who followeth not us, and we forbade him. [38] But Jesus said: Do not forbid him. For there is no man that doth a miracle in my name, and can soon speak ill of me. [39] For he that is not against you, is for you.

--Gospel According to Saint Mark, Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible.
1. If the cure doesn't subsist, then it's a satanic deception.
2. If the cure subsists, then it's the work of the Holy Ghost.
(09-19-2012, 12:00 PM)LoyalVIews Wrote: [ -> ]Today I watched a programme about people who go to evangelical and charismatic churches, expecting to be healed of cancer, paralisation, or any disease they suffer.

I often see testimonies of people who have been cured and healed from thee services and "revivals".

My question is this: are they false, were these healings more of a "heat of the moment" thing? Or, does something actually happen?

I would assume the answer to the latter question is no, because, evanglical churches are not valid Churches and are separated from the mystical Body of Christ and believe in the heretical doctrine of "sola scripture". I want a definitive answer though, because it's bothering me now  :blush:

Thanks in advance, and God Bless.

Selecting people, confirmation biases, etc. They are not healings, but cognitive and physical effects if not outright fraud.

You can look into investigations on this type of thing. It is not what they say they are.

They are selling their "church" with these ads. They focus on the carnal, on the riches promised and the physical benefits and the righteousness of the "saved".

They do not have penance, the sacraments, or the grace of God.
Pages: 1 2