FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rosary Type
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What's your favorite? Cheap plastic, heirloom semi-precious, wood, habit, bracelet or something inbetween? I'm still trying to find that perfect one. For me it would be durability, portability and spinning beads.
Heirloom, and wood. those are my favourite because of the sentimental attachment for the heirloom, and wooden because of my preference. On equal measure is the habit rosary. Also, plastic ones are great for when I need something to give away. Of course, I'd give away a wooden one too, but plastic ones tend to be smaller.
Hands down my favorite are knotted twine rosaries; they don't break, they don't make noise and they are simple to make and give away.
It's hard to say; my current favorite rosary is one of hematite beads I bought on a trip back home, at the Cross and Shamrock in Hamilton, NJ. Being from home, and of a nice, heavy nature, it's quite dear to me; it's one of the two rosaries I've had blessed by my ICKSP priest.

I also like all-metal rosaries; the rosary that hangs from my rearview (and which I use in the morning to pray on the way to work) is evidently silver-plated brass, as the base metal is wearing through. Even so, it's an elegant but tough little rosary, and small enough to hang unobtrusively from my mirror.

I have a soft spot for cord rosaries; I'm thinking of making one, sometime. My ideal rosary would be either silver or stainless steel. I like the thought of an iron rosary, too; yes, I'm odd like that.
(09-20-2012, 07:48 PM)candyapple Wrote: [ -> ]What's your favorite? Cheap plastic, heirloom semi-precious, wood, habit, bracelet or something inbetween? I'm still trying to find that perfect one. For me it would be durability, portability and spinning beads.

I make rosaries, so my rosary is exactly as I like it.

I prefer round large stone beads (jet) on chain with a heavy crucifix.
I lLike mine to be heavy and durable.
The last week or so I have been using one of those cheap rosry rings.  Super convienant.
I would like one out of wood but I get the uber cheapest one I can because the RARE occasion my husband lets me go to the local Catholic bookstore I can get away with buying it without much notice on the credit card.  :((
I've always wanted to see if I can make a knotted one out of black dyed wool or something like that.  I've also always wanted to see if I can make one out of wood but actually carve the beads myself. I wouldn't know where to start with carving and all that though.
I make my own - I like it to be large enough that I don't lode my place.
Pages: 1 2 3