FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishop Tissier de Mallerais in Chicago
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Fisheaters,
I am going to Chicago on Friday for a vocational visit with the ICKSP. For that reason,  I was wondering if Bishop Tissier de Mallerais is living in Chicago yet? I would love to meet him. Please pray for a safe flight and successful visit. Thank  you.

Yours devotedly in the Sacred Heart of Jesus,
PPD
i did the same thing at the icksp. hope things go better for you than had happened to me.

What's the tract they put you on if you are accepted, PPD? Do you become a Brother and eventually work your way up to going to Seminary if that is indeed your vocation after discernment?

If you are in Chicago, you should also pay a visit to St. John Cantius. Explore many places if only to know you are making the right decision.

As far as Bishop Tissier de Mallerais is concerned, you may want to contact their parish in Oak Park, IL. They may be able to tell you and I think a visit with this Bishop would be a good idea as well. I wish you the best of luck and will pray for you specifically when I pray for vocations in a general way.

joelkurtzhalts wrote:
Quote:i did the same thing at the icksp. hope things go better for you than had happened to me.

Are you able to share your disappointment in even a general way? If not, I think you are doing this man a disservice as it can mean anything. And unfortunately, human nature would tend to have it's imagination run wild in the way of interpreting it in the worst of all possible circumstances.

Everyone is different and we have to be careful in what we say. Especially in these matters.
(09-22-2012, 11:13 AM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]What's the tract they put you on if you are accepted, PPD? Do you become a Brother and eventually work your way up to going to Seminary if that is indeed your vocation after discernment?

If you are in Chicago, you should also pay a visit to St. John Cantius. Explore many places if only to know you are making the right decision.

As far as Bishop Tissier de Mallerais is concerned, you may want to contact their parish in Oak Park, IL. They may be able to tell you and I think a visit with this Bishop would be a good idea as well. I wish you the best of luck and will pray for you specifically when I pray for vocations in a general way.

joelkurtzhalts wrote:
Quote:i did the same thing at the icksp. hope things go better for you than had happened to me.

Are you able to share your disappointment in even a general way? If not, I think you are doing this man a disservice as it can mean anything. And unfortunately, human nature would tend to have it's imagination run wild in the way of interpreting it in the worst of all possible circumstances.

Everyone is different and we have to be careful in what we say. Especially in these matters.

Fair enough. I visited both their seminary and did my vocational interview with Canon Talarico over the course of 3 days. Afterward, I sent all of my application materials to them. After making 6 attempts to contact them to be sure they got all of my materials, including speaking directly to one of the oblates I met there, leaving a message with the secretary and leaving a personal message on Canon Talarico's machine, I received not one answer in any form. it makes me believe they ignored me. But, as I said, I'm sure the like won't happen to this young man.
(09-22-2012, 11:13 AM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]What's the tract they put you on if you are accepted, PPD? Do you become a Brother and eventually work your way up to going to Seminary if that is indeed your vocation after discernment?

joelkurtzhalts wrote:
If after this visit they feel I should enter pre-formation the either this year or next I will be sent to one of three of there apostolates; Chicago, Saint Louis, or Wasau for a year. After that year of pre-formation I will be sent to the international seminary for 7 years or so and Lord willing then Ordination.