FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Acts of Reparation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This sentence just jumped out at me in another thread and I wanted to give it a thread of its own:

The Catholic response to blasphemy should be private and particularly public acts of reparation.

I know very little about this.  Could people please share your thoughts about this.  Also, I'm very interested in people's personal practices in regards to making acts of reparation,
The Divine Praises are often times given as a penance for these types of sins. I say them every day in reparation for these too too many sins. I especially like to say them during the elevations at Mass.

tim
Thanks, Tim.  I'm posting the Divine Praises, in case anyone reading isn't familiar with them and just because they are awesome.

Blessed be God.
Blessed be His Holy Name.
Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true Man.
Blessed be the Name of Jesus.
Blessed be His Most Sacred Heart.
Blessed be His Most Precious Blood.
Blessed be Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Blessed be the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete.
Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most Holy.
Blessed be her Holy and Immaculate Conception.
Blessed be her Glorious Assumption.
Blessed be the Name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.
Blessed be St. Joseph, her most chaste spouse.
Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.    
Amen.
Fasting from food and other licit worldly pleasures.
Here in Madison, Fr. Isaac Mary Relyea (whom some of you are probably familiar with) has been leading 15 decades of the Rosary on the steps outside the State Capitol every Thursday for the past three months for the intentions "life, family, and the conversion of the world, especially Russia."

Catholics should be doing more of this in response to blasphemies and similar public sins. Our Lady is the Exterminatrix of All Heresies. Only she will crush the head of the serpent.

Also, at our Cathedral Parish, the St. Michael prayer is recited after every Low Mass, even the NO.
This article was originally printed in the 10th November 1950 issue of the UK edition of the Catholic Herald:
Quote:Thousands of Catholics took part in a public act of reparation in Buenos Aires last week, A huge outdoor procession moved through the streets to the Metropolitan curia, singing hymns, hailing Christ the King and proclaiming that Jesus is God. The public act of reparation followed a gathering of spiritualists in Luna Stadium where they carried posters proclaiming "Jesus is not God," which also was the title of an address by one of the group.

http://archive.catholicherald.co.uk/arti...ets-insult

On a private level, prayers, abstinence and self-mortification are the keys for reparation.
(09-22-2012, 11:56 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Tim.  I'm posting the Divine Praises, in case anyone reading isn't familiar with them and just because they are awesome.

Blessed be God.
Blessed be His Holy Name.
Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true Man.
Blessed be the Name of Jesus.
Blessed be His Most Sacred Heart.
Blessed be His Most Precious Blood.
Blessed be Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Blessed be the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete.
Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most Holy.
Blessed be her Holy and Immaculate Conception.
Blessed be her Glorious Assumption.
Blessed be the Name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.
Blessed be St. Joseph, her most chaste spouse.
Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.    
Amen.

This prayer can scarcely be prayed often enough.
Revealed to Sr Marie of St Peter and the Holy Family, OCD, in 1843. On 16 March 1844, Our Lord told her, 'Oh if you only knew what great merit you acquire by saying even once, Admirable is the Name of God , in a spirit of reparation for blasphemy.'

May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.
Hi Jayne,
I don't have any time to post a link at the moment, but His Holiness Pius XI issued the encyclical Miserentissimus Redemptor in 1928, concerning Reparation to the Sacred Heart. ALso a beautiful and challenging private revelation concerning this is the life of Sr Josefa Menendez, chronicled in the (approved) text The Way of Divine Love.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!
I am really glad I asked this question.  I am learning a lot in this thread.  My thanks for all the replies.  Here is a link for Miserentissimus Redemptor http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_x...or_en.html
Pages: 1 2