FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Mass Abuse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Before you vote allow me to explain. I would like to measure abuse as in the videos which pop up here. I'm not looking for sappy song or folk song type abuse, primarily, though 4 and 5 allow for that.

I want to hear about, cheese head wearing, beer swilling, huge puppet Easter Island heads, dogs roaming the altar, semi-naked out of shape fifty year old women swaying with bowls on fire over their heads, underweight effeminate silk wearing dancing boys, halloween costume devil EMHC ministers, kinds of Mass.

I have option 4 and 5, for regular abuse in either Form. I want the details in all you've seen. If you check 4 or 5, I want to hear about anything even the 18 minute Mass you saw 55 years ago, and the terrible tunes at teen jamboree Mass thirteen years ago. 

This along with Vox' poll should give a clearer picture of what is actually going on.

tim
(09-24-2012, 03:29 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Before you vote allow me to explain. I would like to measure abuse as in the videos which pop up here. I'm not looking for sappy song or folk song type abuse, primarily, though 4 and 5 allow for that.

I want to hear about, cheese head wearing, beer swilling, huge puppet Easter Island heads, dogs roaming the altar, semi-naked out of shape fifty year old women swaying with bowls on fire over their heads, underweight effeminate silk wearing dancing boys, halloween costume devil EMHC ministers, kinds of Mass.

I have option 4 and 5, for regular abuse in either Form. I want the details in all you've seen. If you check 4 or 5, I want to hear about anything even the 18 minute Mass you saw 55 years ago, and the terrible tunes at teen jamboree Mass thirteen years ago. 

This along with Vox' poll should give a clearer picture of what is actually going on.

tim

The poll is not well made.

It will give a muddled picture of what is going on.

I have not seen such abuses.
Saw a female protestant pastor read the gospel and give the homily at a mass ina nueman center once. Somehow she worked soap bubbles as a prop into the homily though I dont recall how. I was seeing red and never went back. This was years ago...I figure it counts.
I have never seen abuse of the Mass like in the videos at either the OF or the EF.  Maybe that should be added to the survey and I'll put my vote in for it.
The only two blatant abuses [that you addressed Tim] that I have seen where both in Scottsdale AZ, in 1995.

One was leotard clad dancers, during Mass
the other was a Yes type rock band playing during Mass just behind the altar.

Otherwise, nothing in over 40 years like the videos.
It was September or October 1985, at Holy Trinity Church in the Georgetown area of Washington, DC.  The priest processed into Mass wearing a paper bag on his head.  I believe there were small holes cut out for his eyes and mouth.  He remained silent when he reached the sanctuary, but he was behaving in a demonstrative manner.  He was greeted by a laywoman with a microphone as "Father Good News," and she kept referring to him that way.  For example, "Thank you, Fr. Good News."  I think he had been the pastor and it was his last Mass, or something like that.

He looked like the Unknown Comic from the Gong Show.

My best friend Mike (who is now a supernumerary in Opus Dei) brought me to this Mass when I was attending law school in DC.  We were both horrified.  We sometimes recall it when we talk about Novus Ordo liturgical abuses.

[Image: unknown-comic-costume.jpg]
Would weirdness during the homily count as abuse?
Or because the homily is not part of the Mass it would not?
(09-24-2012, 03:36 PM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]The only two blatant abuses [that you addressed Tim] that I have seen where both in Scottsdale AZ, in 1995.

Your post reminded me...I did see "liturgical dancing" at the nueman center once but it was after mass.
And at another place I saw an obcene band...more Buddy Holly than Yes.

I had blocked both incidents out of my mind...thanks alot!

(09-24-2012, 03:50 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2012, 03:36 PM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]The only two blatant abuses [that you addressed Tim] that I have seen where both in Scottsdale AZ, in 1995.

Your post reminded me...I did see "liturgical dancing" at the nueman center once but it was after mass.
And at another place I saw an obcene band...more Buddy Holly than Yes.

I had blocked both incidents out of my mind...thanks alot!
Buddy Holly is pretty good...outside of Mass Smile
ROS, Mike HELP ! Idon't know how to fix it !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9