FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Melancholic Temperament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can't speak for anyone else. They helped me understand more clearly my temperament. I learned more about what strengths and weaknesses I have. I learned how to engage the other temperaments to become a more rounded person. I learned it was okay to be the way I am. Just as a really outgoing performer type of person is not inherently immoral (think  movies star, rock musicians, etc.), and all these temperaments are compatible with a holy life. I learned how to understand other people, and why they do things I wouldn't do. I learned that that is okay in many cases. I learned about my young son, and how to not butt heads with him, how to let him develop the way he is, not how I wish him to be. I learned that school systems and other authorities often represent just one temperament (the melancholic), and there are reasons why some other people don't fit in, which are not due to their laziness. Etc.
just for the record...bombay is not a doctor and on this subject he is full of shit. Temperaments are real. Im not sure what he does for a living but I meat ALOT of people in my work a day life.....and I see this stuff play out....I also believe  certain racial traits are real, and truly genetic.
(09-30-2012, 03:33 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2012, 03:18 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2012, 02:51 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2012, 07:57 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm ... explain further. Maybe it depends on the person. When I get melancholic, I retreat, i.e., I don't want to talk to you or anybody. I lose total confidence in you and respect for you. It usually lasts throughout the night. This strikes me less than before, because I am aware of it.
THIS IS MY WIFES MODUS OPARANDI!!! Wow is there anything I can do to help her get over this stuff or is it forvever hardwired?

An acute case of melancholia fixer? How 'bout a lip sinking Amish yodeler!

if I played this nonsense for her during a mood...Id be an obituary lol

LOL LOL LOL
(10-01-2012, 06:37 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]just for the record...bombay is not a doctor and on this subject he is full of sh**. Temperaments are real. Im not sure what he does for a living but I meat ALOT of people in my work a day life.....and I see this stuff play out....I also believe  certain racial traits are real, and truly genetic.

Voxx, you are probably correct that I am full of sh**.  But I would like to hear an explanation of how the temperaments are any different from astrology or MMPI.
(10-01-2012, 07:11 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Voxx, you are probably correct that I am full of sh**.  But I would like to hear an explanation of how the temperaments are any different from astrology or MMPI.

I know you weren't asking me, but I'm-a gonna answer anyway:  astrology posits an influence of the planets/stars on people; temperaments posit the effects of various bodily fluids in the same way. But classifying personality types (like Meyers-Brigg or Keirsey's stuff, etc.) doesn't assume a cause, but just categorizes personality types, and I think that can be scientifcally verified. If you have criteria listed for various personality types (whether "melancholic" or "INFJ" or whatever you want to call them), and take 100 people and test them, a percentage will fall into one type, another percentage will fall into another. And those percentages tend to be pretty consistent (e.g., INFJs are 1-3% of the population). People can be sorted all kinds of ways -- from "temperament" (whatever the cause) to weight to height to attractiveness.. Just the way it is.
I can't believe no one gave the easy answer to the OP......... VALIUM!!! Lots of it!
I think when someone has panic attacks the best thing to do is give them your moral support to do the right thing and also to pray for them
Pray Pray Pray
(09-30-2012, 03:18 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: [ -> ]An acute case of melancholia fixer? How 'bout a lip sinking Amish yodeler!

No, because a melancholic would rightly see that she is a modernist who's lost the Faith. Who let her use a camera and radio? What is coming of the world when even the Amish have sold out! End times!

Pages: 1 2 3