FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Melancholic Temperament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How do you deal with a melancholic temperment which sometimes leads to panic attacks after a melancholic thought?
Hmm ... explain further. Maybe it depends on the person. When I get melancholic, I retreat, i.e., I don't want to talk to you or anybody. I lose total confidence in you and respect for you. It usually lasts throughout the night. This strikes me less than before, because I am aware of it.
From the FE website on Melancholics:

http://fisheaters.com/quizm.html

You think about a particular situation out of the blue and seem to find gloom in it even if its not gloomy then a panic attack.
Will somebody tell me about BLACK BILE and people have told me the temperments were from the Dark Ages and are unscientific but i find truth in them.
(09-29-2012, 08:20 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Will somebody tell me about BLACK BILE and people have told me the temperments were from the Dark Ages and are unscientific but i find truth in them.

There were no "Dark Ages."
There were the Greek Dark Ages that separated Mycenean Greece, and Classical Greece.  Grin
(09-29-2012, 08:20 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]Will somebody tell me about BLACK BILE and people have told me the temperments were from the Dark Ages and are unscientific but i find truth in them.

The "temperments" are as scientific as astrology or Tarot card reading or crystal balls and just as useful.
Me quoting me quoting me:
(08-16-2012, 12:21 AM)Doce Me Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2011, 09:07 PM)Doce Me Wrote: [ -> ]I learned about the four temperaments when I was young, from  an excellent small book called  The Four Temperaments by Rev. Conrad Hock.  It is a very Catholic and very concise book, and well worth reading by any Catholic who is trying to know and improve himself.  Here it is online http://angelicum.net/newsroom/the-four-t...nrad-hock/

It's not all nonsense, even if there is a lot it doesn't explain.  Try this book.

Has anyone ever started a poll asking what is your predominant temperament? Maybe include a link to this online book.  (I haven't got a fishy needed to create a poll)

There are wacko considerations of temperaments, but this book seems innocent and perceptive to me.
I go on hermit mode and cry it out.
Pages: 1 2 3