FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Benedict's New Policy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whenever a diocese has a vacant see these days instead of the priest's of that diocese voting who will be the new apostolic administator until the new bishop is appointed , the Pope has been appointing other bishops to run the diocese from other places , for instance when Bishop Malone took over Buffalo he was also retained as AA of Portland Maine, The Bishop of Bismarck is running Fargo too till they get a bishop, i could name others. He has also done what was never done taken retired bishops and put then in as AA in dioceses for example Bishop Sklystad retired spokane ran diocese of eastern Oregon for awhile, now Archbishop Burnett retired Seattle has been named AA of Oakland .
So, Salus, what do you think about this policy?
I could name an orthodox bishop in minutes LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
The Archdioceses of Indianapolis currently has an Apostolic Administrator, +Christopher Coyne. He was a newly made Auxiliary just immediately to his appointment as AA.
(10-02-2012, 09:27 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]I could name an orthodox bishop in minutes LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

But could you name 100 in 37 seconds? 

GO!!!
If the bishops are in good health and not crazy - why not?
I'm sure it's a great policy. 

Cardinal Dolan is now the Cardinal Archbishop of New York and he's a shining example of high quality choices. 

Even taking the current situation into account and avoiding fantasies of elevating SSPX priests or bishops to the see of New York, I'm sure I could not have done better than Cardinal Dolan.  He was the right choice, the right man at the right time and in the right place. 

Nobody in New York could have been raised to that position.  Nobody would have the dignity, intelligence, willingness to speak seriously on real topics, stature.  Nope.  Nobody. 

[Image: 125-Copy.jpg]
(10-02-2012, 11:56 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it's a great policy. 

Cardinal Dolan is now the Cardinal Archbishop of New York and he's a shining example of high quality choices. 

Even taking the current situation into account and avoiding fantasies of elevating SSPX priests or bishops to the see of New York, I'm sure I could not have done better than Cardinal Dolan.  He was the right choice, the right man at the right time and in the right place. 

Nobody in New York could have been raised to that position.  Nobody would have the dignity, intelligence, willingness to speak seriously on real topics, stature.  Nope.  Nobody. 

Makes one nostalgic for J.J. at least people took him seriously and he Refused to close inner city schools and parishes despite the pressure from the libs at
1011 1st Ave.  Wish he plugged the plug on 1 st Ave, geez what an awful building. I hear its getting empty so to speak -what man won't do, God will do.

BTW, Happy Feast Day Gerard. 
(10-02-2012, 11:56 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it's a great policy. 

Nice.
One of best confessors and preachers in NYC
Long live Fr Rutler!!!
I live in the Diocese of Fargo.  I'm hoping  Fr.  Schmidberger would be elevated to Bishop.  Bishop Fellay would be good, too.  Not holding my breath on either one of those, though.  Smile
Pages: 1 2