FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: When Was the Last Time You Proselytized?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(10-07-2012, 11:27 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2012, 09:36 PM)GeorgeT Wrote: [ -> ]I make Catholic tracts. I guess you would call them pamphlets. Even did a Chick style one that leads folks to fisheaters:

http://livesofthes.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html

Here's the site where I sell my books:

http://www.tautkusstudio.com/pb/wp_8bec7...c74cf.html

I really think people these days respond more to good stories as opposed to doctrine pushing. That's what i try to do.

Wow! Do you print any of these as tracts that can be handed out?
I sell them, put them on my blog, post them on forums, have a facebook page for them asnd give them to friends and acquaintances. I live in a fairly rural area now, so bus seats are not an option, but maybe library shelves are. I used to do alot of street stuff when I was in the city and not married, now I don't have much time. Alot of it was just crazy art stuff, not evangelizing. I do what I can now.
(10-07-2012, 04:41 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Please join me in praying for Jack .

:pray:
(10-07-2012, 10:49 AM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]I think that tracts are most useful as a supplement to lives living out the Catholic faith.  Usually seeing a good example of Catholicism is what opens people to the truth.   
Agreed, if you are in a situation to socially inteact with people.

I live in a situation where I almost always just see my wife [who is a better Catholic than I am] and the occasional landscaper and food store clerk.

Example is excellent, but we rarely have the opportunity to physically be around people, so when we do we start the conversation by asking them if "they are a practicing Catholic", and then go from there.
This happened last week.
The Church has told people not to evangelize to others.  Why evangelize if others ok where they are at.

I think the crisis, practically and spiritually, as hurt our mission to the world.
About one hour ago I showed someone my rosary and said something to them about the rosary.
:) :) :)
(10-15-2012, 06:57 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]The Church has told people not to evangelize to others.  Why evangelize if others ok where they are at.

I think the crisis, practically and spiritually, as hurt our mission to the world.
What are you talking about?

The Church always and everywhere recognizes and asks her sons to put into practice Christs mandate to go into the world and teach every creature the Gospel.
Yesterday. I think also that if we live the faith it speaks volumes to people as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4