FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 42 First Year Seminary Entries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://sspx.org/news/42_first_year_semin...2-2013.htm

Quote:...for the academic year of 2012-2013 at the SSPX's seminaries of Winona, Zaitzkofen, Flavigny, and Albano, there are 42 entries for the first year (of Spirituality), 16 pre-seminarians (Humanities) and 8 postulants to study for the religious brothers. Here break down by seminary the origin of the new entries.

Very good news.  To quote Longshanks, if we can't get them out, we'll breed them out.  So trads make some babies and form some good Catholic young people to fill the clergy.  Lord grant us priests, Lord grant us holy priests, etc. etc.

Logic suggests that if the trend of traditionalists and the average NO catholic continue, we'll simply overtake them by numbers.
It would be wise of the SSPX leadership to suspect that there might be some "moles" planted in the seminaries as sleeper agents either from Rome or from other enemies of the Church.   

Just as with the FSSP priests who suddenly started making rumbles about wanting to say the Novus Ordo, there could reasonably be a number of plants in the SSPX to undermine them over the next decade and make things more amenable to a deal and an acceptance of Vatican II or even to do things that would paint the SSPX as "extremists." and provoke a persecution of traditional Catholics. 

Not much to do about any of those possibilities  except keep your eyes open and pray, pray, pray. 

(10-10-2012, 09:19 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Logic suggests that if the trend of traditionalists and the average NO catholic continue, we'll simply overtake them by numbers.
Once we outnumber then, will take back our churches, build for the true Mass! :LOL:
What's been going on for the past forty years? This problem needs Divine intervention.
Considering that is 42 priests from the entire SSPX world, I don't see how people can claim that we are on the verge of out breeding anybody.
well it took 40 years to get 500 priests, I suppose if each year they ordain and retain over time about 30 priests the SSPX can rapidly hit the 1,000 mark in about 20 years, but it will take a long time to reach the 19,000 mark which is where the Jesuits are at now. However in 20 years they will likely decrease by 45% or so to 10,000.
Also, the SSPX can't out breed the NO church and take it over unless they are officially recognized.
I am sure that as time goes on and the decay of the NO religion becomes apparent, the attractiveness of the fresh-troops of the SSPX might increase, however by this time perhaps the modernists will so have warped the Church that they won't be able to recognize their brother's in the true faith.
There are risks and dangers on both sides of the issue of reconcilation, one just has to decide which risks one will take.
(10-10-2012, 09:19 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]http://sspx.org/news/42_first_year_semin...2-2013.htm

Quote:...for the academic year of 2012-2013 at the SSPX's seminaries of Winona, Zaitzkofen, Flavigny, and Albano, there are 42 entries for the first year (of Spirituality), 16 pre-seminarians (Humanities) and 8 postulants to study for the religious brothers. Here break down by seminary the origin of the new entries.

Very good news.  To quote Longshanks, if we can't get them out, we'll breed them out.  So trads make some babies and form some good Catholic young people to fill the clergy.  Lord grant us priests, Lord grant us holy priests, etc. etc.

Logic suggests that if the trend of traditionalists and the average NO catholic continue, we'll simply overtake them by numbers.

So true, every trad chapel I have ever been to has huge young families every NO temple I have been to it's difficult to find anyone without a head of grey hair.
(10-11-2012, 10:34 AM)nmoerbeek Wrote: [ -> ]Considering that is 42 priests from the entire SSPX world, I don't see how people can claim that we are on the verge of out breeding anybody.

I think he meant the laity but, as to Priests the average age for a Novus Ordo presbyter is 68 whereas the average age of a SSPX priest is 37 and they aren't being replaced at my diocese we have had two Priests ordained in the past 5 years.
(10-11-2012, 10:34 AM)nmoerbeek Wrote: [ -> ]Considering that is 42 priests from the entire SSPX world, I don't see how people can claim that we are on the verge of out breeding anybody.

Yeah. Fertility among faithful Catholic trads is probably very high, but we're starting from virtually nil. It's going to be a few generations before we catch up.

In fact if I had data on the (a) average annual increase in self-identified Catholic trads and (b) a rough starting number, I could put together a model and make a firmer prediction. Sadly, I have neither.

On the other hand, I have seen at least one reliable projection to the effect that by 2050, SSPX priests will make up roughly a quarter of priests in France. Granted, this will happen mainly due to a catastrophic collapse in the number of standard diocesan priests being ordained.
(10-10-2012, 09:56 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]It would be wise of the SSPX leadership to suspect that there might be some "moles" planted in the seminaries as sleeper agents either from Rome or from other enemies of the Church.   

Just as with the FSSP priests who suddenly started making rumbles about wanting to say the Novus Ordo, there could reasonably be a number of plants in the SSPX to undermine them over the next decade and make things more amenable to a deal and an acceptance of Vatican II or even to do things that would paint the SSPX as "extremists." and provoke a persecution of traditional Catholics. 

Not much to do about any of those possibilities  except keep your eyes open and pray, pray, pray. 

???

Wow.
Pages: 1 2