FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vatican II needs to be "liberated," pope says
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

From this L'Osservatore Romano article:
Quote:The lesson of the Council

The Second Vatican Council documents remain “a compass in our time too that permits the Barque of the Church to put out into the deep”. The Pope said this at the General Audience in St Peter's Square on Wednesday, 10 October, the eve of the 50th anniversary of the opening of the ecumenical assembly, which will coincide with the opening of the Year of Faith.

Isabella Ducrot, "Vaticano II" (2012, from the cover of the special edition of our newspaper for the 50th anniversary of the Council) Borrowing the words of John Paul II – who described Vatican II as a “great grace” and “a sure compass” for the Church – Benedict XVI recalled the need to return to the conciliar texts, “liberating them from a mass of publications which, instead of making them known, have often concealed them”. Only in this way, according to the Pope, is it possible to approach the ecumenical assembly as if it were “a great fresco, so to speak, painted with the great multiplicity and variety of its elements under the guidance of the Holy Spirit”. And “still today we continue to perceive the extraordinary wealth of that moment of grace”, the Pope said, “to discover in it particular sections, fragments, pieces of the mosaic”. For Benedict, XVI, who “witnessed it directly” by participating in it as a peritus, Vatican II remains “a unique experience” in which was revealed the face of  “a living Church” who set herself “to learn from the Holy Spirit, the true driving force of the Council”.

For our epoch, “marked by forgetfulness of and deafness to God”, that historic event has a “simple” and “fundamental” message to announce:  “Christianity in its essence consists of faith in God which is Trinitarian Love, and in a personal and community encounter with Christ who orients and gives meaning to life”. Everything else “flows from this”.

“The Second Vatican Council is a strong appeal to us to rediscover every day the beauty of our faith, to know it deeply for a more intense relationship with the Lord, so that we may live our Christian vocation to the full.

October 11, 2012
With modern technology we can communicate ideas with a rapidity unheard of 100 years ago, yet in fifty years we are still trying to "rediscover" the riches of the VII documents?
I ve often heard that the Pope and his cronies of a certain age are married to the council. That is true but, they re like battered wives who get the crap beat out of them but won't seek help all the while defending their husband as "a very nice man he is just misunderstood." So it is with the Modernist prelates.
I think that is a very apt description, Vatican Ii needs to be liberated.
(10-16-2012, 12:17 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I think that is a very apt description, Vatican Ii needs to be liberated.

From what?
(10-16-2012, 12:35 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2012, 12:17 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I think that is a very apt description, Vatican Ii needs to be liberated.

From what?
From itself :LOL:
(10-16-2012, 01:19 AM)Geremia Wrote: [ -> ]

From what?
from the popular misinterpretations of what it is and from the "Spirit of Vatican II"
(10-16-2012, 03:04 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]

From what?
from the popular misinterpretations of what it is and from the "Spirit of Vatican II"

Okay, but then you would just have it's errors and poisons. Just without the gravy.
(10-16-2012, 03:17 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2012, 03:04 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]

From what?

Okay, but then you would just have it's errors and poisons. Just without the gravy.

This.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, traditionally, ambiguity has been considered to be censurable in and of itself.  But much of Vatican II's teaching is ambiguous.  Ergo...

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03532a.htm

"A proposition is ambiguous when it is worded so as to present two or more senses, one of which is objectionable."
Pages: 1 2