FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Jewish Man Remembers Roman Nuns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In an article that appeared in l"Osservatore Romano on the anniversary of the Nazis' 1943 deportation of the Jews of Rome, Roberto Piperno recalls taking refuge as a five-year old boy at the monastery of the Bethlehem Sisters.
"During my time spent at the monastery, which was well-kept by the kind, smiling and helpful sisters, I do not have a sad memory in terms of human relationships" says Piperno. "Certainly  their sympathetic attitude for this child ... made even the condition of imprisonment and fear more tolerable. And for this I am still grateful."
www.news.va
He is grateful and thinks that the nun's bridegroom is in hell, being boiled in hot excrement.
I bet the nun's christian testimony did not avail anything to that man, in spite of all his polite words.
(10-17-2012, 09:41 AM)Montgisard Wrote: [ -> ]He is grateful and thinks that the nun's bridegroom is in hell, being boiled in hot excrement.
I bet the nun's christian testimony did not avail anything to that man, in spite of all his polite words.

Who knows what he think of Our Lord? And it's not like he received 12 years of Catholic education from those nuns, he just hid in their cellar for a while.

Seriously, chill. And pray for his conversion.
(10-17-2012, 09:41 AM)Montgisard Wrote: [ -> ]He is grateful and thinks that the nun's bridegroom is in hell, being boiled in hot excrement.

Cut it out. Most Jews have no clue what's in that damned Talmud.

He was only a child, and a very young one. After taking refuge, he had to have ended up back with his parents or with close relatives - who were likely Jewish, of course. When I was that young, I had a kind babysitter who would take me to church with her every once in a while, and grandparents who did the same occassionally. That made no difference to me at all, because later I would go home to my godless parents. A child of that age, unless under the influence of an enormous amount of grace, is never going to deviate from the cultural and spiritual "norms" imposed by their immediate family.

So he spent some time in a monastery, and the nuns were kind to him. That does not mean he will have a miraculous conversion. We may pray and hope that it will lead to that, but the indoctrination of the roughly thirteen years after that that he spent in the household of his Jewish family probably rendered any seeds planted by those nuns sterile.

At least it will give him something to mull over, and he is obviously still thinking back on that time. We should pray for the man, rather than condemning him out of hand. He is in error, yes. But I know that I did not come to fully appreciate the small things that people did in my life to try to lead me to Christ as a child until my later conversion to Catholicism.
I don't know about this man in particular but the jewish rabbi of the Rome synagog converted