FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: SC Episcopal Diocese dissociates Itself From Episcopal Church
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Diocese of South Carolina, which comprises 70 Episcopal congregagtions in eastern South Carolina, has dissociated itself from the Episcopal church.
"For many years the diocese of South Carolina has opposed the primary theological direction of the national Episcopal Church (TEC), " the diocese explained in a statement. "As TEC leadership has moved away from the claim of Jesus' uniqueness, the authority of Holy Scripture, the meaning of marriage and the nature of what it means to be human, we have had to be more steadfast in our defense of these truths, and more vocal in our opposition to TEC's disavowal of them."
The break follows a decision by the Episcopal Church to limit the ministry of the diocese's bishop, Rt Rev. Mark Lawrence, after a panel found him guilty of "an open renunciation of the Discipline of the Church."
www.catholicculture.org     
Unless they are about to kiss the feet of the Roman pontiff and proclaim the One True Church and the One True Faith I could not care less what proti, protestant is protesting around his proti prot like world.
Maybe we should pray for them to petition Rome for a return to full communion.
:pray: :pray: :pray:
Luckily there is precedent, and a structure set in place. Not a few, at least, will come over to the Church.
(10-24-2012, 05:37 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe we should pray for them to petition Rome for a return to full communion.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

I'll second that.

:pray:
If you're interested in following this story, the best place to do so is the blog TitusOneNine by Kendall Harmon and his associates.
(10-24-2012, 05:48 PM)Jacob Wrote: [ -> ]If you're interested in following this story, the best place to do so is the blog TitusOneNine by Kendall Harmon and his associates.

It's quite the story.  The whole Episopal diocese there is not behind this move.  There is a small fragment group that wants to be part of the Episcopal Church at large.  Thanks for the info.
Hey Poche, I don't suppose you could post a direct link to the story?  :rofl:
(10-24-2012, 07:38 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Poche, I don't suppose you could post a direct link to the story?  :rofl:

Ask and you shall receive...

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=16003
(10-24-2012, 09:41 AM)Scriptorium Wrote: [ -> ]Luckily there is precedent, and a structure set in place. Not a few, at least, will come over to the Church.

Actually, from what I can gather, the diocese is pretty Low Church and 'evangelical' so I doubt that many of them will swim the Tiber.
Pages: 1 2