FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bp. Williamson's Oct. 19, '12, open letter to Bp. Fellay, "On an 'Exclusion'"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
What a love-fest is going on here. The enemies of the faith must be really nice guys...
(10-28-2012, 05:46 PM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]The Holy Father's Jesus of Nazareth books are breathtakingly beautiful.
A book that says the Jews don't need to be converted is beautiful‽ He also supports historicism when he writes: "Eery word of weight contains much more than is in the author’s consciousness; it surpasses the instant when it was pronounced and it will mature in the process of history and of faith."
(10-28-2012, 05:46 PM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]There's too much senseless mud-slinging round here sometimes. Maybe it's a good thing that the Church and more extremist elements of the SSPX are drifting irreconcilably apart.
They are?
(10-28-2012, 05:25 PM)JayneK Wrote: [ -> ]No, we don't know enough.  That is the point that Adeodatus was making and that I was agreeing with.  It is always difficult to judge the intentions and attitude of an other and, since a great deal of information is unknown to us, even his actions are difficult to judge.

Then the papacy is worthless. It's so above understanding that it is unrelatable.  Adeodatus is just re-hashing 25 years of excuses made for JPII and about 7 years of excuse making for Paul VI before him. 

We know plenty that the Popes are not doing as "servants of the servants of Christ." 

Going by the simple and clear standard pointed out by Pope St. Pius X, the Popes of the post-concilar era are disasters. 

"Still it must be confessed that the number of the enemies of the cross of Christ has in these last days increased exceedingly, who are striving, by arts, entirely new and full of subtlety, to destroy the vital energy of the Church, and, if they can, to overthrow utterly Christ's kingdom itself. Wherefore We may no longer be silent, lest We should seem to fail in Our most sacred duty, and lest the kindness that, in the hope of wiser counsels, We have hitherto shown them, should be attributed to forgetfulness of Our office."
(10-28-2012, 05:46 PM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it's a good thing that the Church and more extremist elements of the SSPX are drifting irreconcilably apart. It will be difficult and there will be even more heartbreak, but at least it'll put things in perspective.

That's called a "deepening of the crisis."  The celebrations of Vatican II are unleashing ever more liberal poison into the Church organization.  The so-called "extremist elements" of the SSPX are and have changed nothing of the faith since our grandparents were simply called "Catholics." 

If they are extremists in their beliefs then incalculable generations of Catholics are also extremists and most of them more severe than just a stance of resistance by today's Catholics. 

SaintSebastian,

But those guys weren't traditionalists, so they're must be wrong.

You have a problem with posting stuff that makes sense. It's untraditional to find quotes which support the recent Popes. Stop doing that.
(10-29-2012, 09:32 AM)Scriptorium Wrote: [ -> ]SaintSebastian,

You have a problem with posting stuff that makes sense. It's untraditional to find quotes which support the recent Popes. Stop doing that.
Pope St. Nicholas I (858-867) didn't hesitate to depose or excommunicate bishops, one of the reasons why he's one of three Popes who have been surnamed "The Great."
(10-29-2012, 10:36 AM)CrusaderKing Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2012, 09:32 AM)Scriptorium Wrote: [ -> ]SaintSebastian,

Pope St. Nicholas I (858-867) didn't hesitate to depose or excommunicate bishops, one of the reasons why he's one of three Popes who have been surnamed "The Great."

Good for him. I pray that every Pope does through the grace of God what he judged to be what the Church needs. Just like any family, sometimes mercy is needed, sometimes tough love. The point is that condemnations are not the only medicine available, nor always the best medicine to effect a cure.
(10-29-2012, 01:30 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: [ -> ]Good for him. I pray that every Pope does through the grace of God what he judged to be what the Church needs. Just like any family, sometimes mercy is needed,
Toleration of error is not mercy. Mercy is withholding severer punishments. Condemnations aren't punishments.
(10-28-2012, 09:43 PM)Geremia Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2012, 05:46 PM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]The Holy Father's Jesus of Nazareth books are breathtakingly beautiful.
A book that says the Jews don't need to be converted is beautiful‽

Where does he say that? (genuine question, I don't remember anything like that).
loggats,
Do you have the book?  If so, then please see especially p. 45f.  I'd rather not quote it, lest it appear that I'm taking it out of context.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13