FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bp. Williamson's Oct. 19, '12, open letter to Bp. Fellay, "On an 'Exclusion'"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(10-25-2012, 08:13 PM)Parmandur Wrote: [ -> ]"Here I stand; I can do no other."

Since Benedict XVI praised Martin Luther, this is ironically complimenting Bishop Williamson.
Quote: I hope I shall not be lacking in the respect due to your office if I suggest that for the glory of God, for the salvation of souls, for the internal peace of the Society and for your own eternal salvation, you would do better yourself to resign as Superior General than to exclude myself. May the good Lord give you the grace, the light and the strength to perform such an outstanding act of humility and of devotion to the common good of everybody."

I think this is a sentence that will have historical reverberations.  This is the voice of the counter-revolution, heard round the world. 

"Amen, I say to you, if you shall have faith, and stagger not, not only this of the fig tree shall you do, but also if you shall say to this mountain, Take up and cast thyself into the sea, it shall be done."
Bishop Williamson expelled, several priests expelled, the formation of the SSPXSO, and the non-regularization status of the SSPX...this society is becoming more irrelevant by the day.
(10-25-2012, 11:49 PM)Carthusian Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop Williamson expelled, several priests expelled, the formation of the SSPXSO, and the non-regularization status of the SSPX...this society is becoming more irrelevant by the day.

Yes, we must remain relevant. 
(10-25-2012, 11:49 PM)Carthusian Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop Williamson expelled, several priests expelled, the formation of the SSPXSO, and the non-regularization status of the SSPX...this society is becoming more irrelevant by the day.
Or perhaps the counter-revolutionary guerrilla warfare has just begun.
(10-25-2012, 11:51 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]

You do when it comes to the salvation of souls.  As I stated in earlier posts, this splintering amond the SSPX is straingt from the protestant playbook.
(10-26-2012, 12:11 AM)Carthusian Wrote: [ -> ]

You do when it comes to the salvation of souls.  As I stated in earlier posts, this splintering amond the SSPX is straingt from the protestant playbook.

Shouldn't we take joy in the good work that the SSPX does, then, if they are acting like Protestants?

After all, those in partial communion with the Church have many laudable and positive things going on!
(10-26-2012, 12:15 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]

Shouldn't we take joy in the good work that the SSPX does, then, if they are acting like Protestants?

After all, those in partial communion with the Church have many laudable and positive things going on!

good one!
(10-26-2012, 12:15 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]

:LOL:

It took me a minute.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13