FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The New Normal....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://angelqueen.org/2012/10/26/the-new...istianity/

NBC’s sitcom “The New Normal” isn’t just trying to remake society for the Gay Left. It’s trying to remake Christianity, which is to say, destroy it. For its October 22 episode, “The Godparent Trap,” NBC ran promos with the gay character Brian in the confessional, and the priest sneering, “If you’re not going to take this seriously, I’m going to go back to playing Angry Birds.”

As the plot unfolds, we’re told Brian was raised Catholic, and as he sits in a pew and looks around at religious pictures, he cracks gay jokes in his mind. He sees the Apostles: “Twelve dudes sitting around gossiping and drinking wine. You call that the Last Supper? I call that a Tuesday night.”

He sees a picture of the Blessed Virgin Mary: “Hey, Mary — I’m a virgin, too. I’ve also slept in a barn with three wise men.” Then he turns to an image of Jesus on the cross, and says, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be talking trash about your mother. But you know who judges me? Your father.”

The priest asks Brian if he came for confession, so he enters the confessional. But he’s really not there to confess, but to continue the wisecracks. “Commandment-wise, I’ve pretty much done them all, except kill someone and covet my neighbor’s wife.” That earns the Angry Birds line NBC liked so much.

Brian then says he wants to find godparents for his forthcoming baby from a surrogate mother, but he feels he doesn’t have a religious foundation. (Ya think?) The priest insists “the church is not anti-gay,” and to which predictably, Brian retorts, “Yet any chance he gets, the Pope treats gay marriage like (actress/reckless driver) Amanda Bynes treats pedestrians.”

Then the priest himself turns on the Vicar of Christ as a crazy old loon: “Come on, haven’t you ever had a lovable old uncle who popped off intolerant comments at a family barbecue?” Brian asks, “Can’t you get fired for saying stuff like that?” The priest wisecracks, “I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but it’s pretty hard to get fired around here.”

When the priest suggests there are churches “geared to your community,” Brian shoots back “I don’t want to be forced to use a separate water fountain. Why can’t the church just accept all people? … You toss Jesus’ name around. You don’t exactly practice what you preach. Jesus wouldn’t judge people on their sexuality because Jesus loved everyone.”

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, “New Normal” creator Ryan Murphy admitted the show is based on his life. Surprise, surprise. He was raised Catholic, and Brian, the bitter, wise-cracking gay man, “is clearly me.”

This priest not only bashes the Pope as an intolerant old fool, he’s recruiting Brian to Fight the Power in earthy language. He says, “I never bought that Jesus-is-a-blissed-out-hippie crap. The man was pissed off.” He was “the Chuck Norris of his day,” and to turn the other cheek was “an act of defiance. It meant: I will see your insult and raise you a ‘suck it!’” Jesus “saw hypocrisy and injustice and said ‘Seriously? You guys are idiots. This has got to change!’”

Yup, that’s what Jesus said in the Book of Tinseltown, Chapter 90210.

Brian replies, “So you’re saying the church can change?” The priest then unspools a gay rights lecture, complete with soothing musical accompaniment: “Well it would. I’ve seen gay people battle discrimination and march for marriage equality. They demanded the right to fight for their country, but for their souls? Nope. They just give up and walk away. Jesus was a fighter, son. How about you?”

No one on this show expressed an authentically Christian opinion. There are only leftist lectures — predictable, boorish, amateurish. (Unsurprisingly, Murphy is a huge Obama backer who held a fundraiser at his house with the president because “I just can’t imagine a world in which he does not win.”)

You can also find the “cool, rebellious priest” model at the movies. A new film called “The Sessions” takes on the story of a 40-something disabled man who weighs about 70 pounds employing a “sexual surrogate” (a sort of therapeutic prostitute) so he can lose his virginity. People magazine reports he’s supported in this quest by a priest, “who in hilarious chats about just how sinful this particular sin would be, gives his blessing.” The movie is based on real life, where the disabled man consulted “Father Mike,” a young, bearded priest from the neighborhood church who “told me Jesus was never big on rules, that he often broke the rules out of compassion.”

Hollywood wants to remake God in its own image, full of its version of “compassion” and shattering every traditional value. This mission is too important to weigh down with authentically Christian characters instead of wise-cracking and cartoonish propagandist puppets.

L. Brent Bozell III is the president of the Media Research Center.
Am I the only one who isn't having any issues thinking they hired an actual priest to portray himself on screen?.....
Michael Voris got sued for having the name "Catholic" in his business name.

I'm sure this show will face similar charges.

...Unless it's not just the media that's redefining Catholic.

Uh-oh.
And am I the only one who sees good cause to merge this thread with the thread on Hurricane Sandy....

"The Lord trieth the just and the wicked: but he that loveth iniquity, hateth his own soul.
He shall rain snares upon sinners: fire and brimstone and storms of winds shall be the portion of their cup."

Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, pray for this country.
(10-26-2012, 06:29 PM)Servus Immaculatae Wrote: [ -> ]And am I the only one who sees good cause to merge this thread with the thread on Hurricane Sandy....

"The Lord trieth the just and the wicked: but he that loveth iniquity, hateth his own soul.
He shall rain snares upon sinners: fire and brimstone and storms of winds shall be the portion of their cup."

Don't even!-- >sad Pathetic what a lot of you are saying-that this show shouldn't be on the air!  >sad Why? Just because the 'media' industry is trying to show people that there is nothing wrong with gay marriage etc. etc. bi...etc. >.< BS...they're showing the world that it is the new normal that it is becoming the new normal for society....great so the 'church says' x____x....I don't give a damn....people should live the way they want-what business does the church have on these issues anyways....ohhh don't marry your 'partner' just beause your're 'whatever'...BS.... >sad this show is a great show....niiice....real nice with the hurricane tidbit....sly....Ellen Barkin is an amazing actress....she never said anything about any hurricane--and Andrew Rannells is awesome on the show as well!....There are worse things in fillms you know....and really there is nothing wrong with The New Normal at all!
(10-26-2012, 07:54 PM)ByrnePerfection Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2012, 06:29 PM)Servus Immaculatae Wrote: [ -> ]And am I the only one who sees good cause to merge this thread with the thread on Hurricane Sandy....

Don't even!-- >sad Pathetic what a lot of you are saying-that this show shouldn't be on the air!  >sad Why? Just because the 'media' industry is trying to show people that there is nothing wrong with gay marriage etc. etc. bi...etc. >.< BS...they're showing the world that it is the new normal that it is becoming the new normal for society....great so the 'church says' x____x....I don't give a damn....people should live the way they want-what business does the church have on these issues anyways....ohhh don't marry your 'partner' just beause your're 'whatever'...BS.... >sad this show is a great show....niiice....real nice with the hurricane tidbit....sly....Ellen Barkin is an amazing actress....she never said anything about any hurricane--and Andrew Rannells is awesome on the show as well!....There are worse things in fillms you know....and really there is nothing wrong with The New Normal at all!

Why are you hysterical and shouting everytime you post something here?  It's no wonder you haven't been able to find a man.  Just sayin.

You come on this site and mock Catholicism while simultaneously worshiping at the altar of frivolity and botox which is Hollywood.  

You remind me of the wife from Farenheit 451, except that you talk.  Obsessed with your banal and woeful screens, you can't be bothered to seek something better, and no one can convince you of the triviality of your pursuits.

(10-26-2012, 08:01 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]

You come on this site and mock Catholicism while simultaneously worshiping at the altar of frivolity and botox which is Hollywood.  

You remind me of the wife from Farenheit 451, except that you talk.  Obsessed with your banal and woeful screens, you can't be bothered to seek something better, and no one can convince you of the triviality of your pursuits.

Mock Catholicism PUH! No, I don't mock-I just know what I don't agree with. I have my own reasons. I've always drifted towards the-not quite 'Hollywood' way but 'creative artists' way. I like writing-I like roleplaying 'erotica' to an extent on twitter and I like the shows I like and one of them happens to be "The New Normal" I love "Law and Order Special Victims Unit," "Chicago Fire," and a few other shows too. I think all religions should get along-I loved the film "Constantine's Sword" since it brought up really good questions and points and I love what Gabriel said in his review about "Constantine's Sword" I believe with him 100%....hmm I did 'used to' think about being a nun-but I learned since then it is not a direction I would or could live by....vows-chastity-the vow of non marriage hmm-I know I couldn't handle that-the vow of 'obedience' and to the church no wayyy...could I deal with that one...giving up my 'rights' to essentially live the way the church thinks-I couldn't do that. The vow of poverty-nice but I don't have that much anyway-and hmm...if I do ever make good $$ I'll give it to the charity(charities) of my choice-hmm people like my 'roleplaying' the way I right-I have a good large audience-I have filmmaker friends-no I'm not trying to mock the church-I'm trying to say why I disagree but this thread kind of hit a 'sweet spot' The New Normal being one of my favorite shows-actually a lot-I know a lot of others through twitter-and-but I just like to be 'creative' and express myself--by films, music...and rightly I don't care what anyone else thinks...I mean unless it would 'hurt' my being-like 'self harm'-yes then I wouldn't mind anyone 'caring' but really being 'like Gabriel' being like the independent film world isn't so bad. Being like Hollywood is bad-and Ellen Barkin and Gabriel Byrne have not used botox- -.- :/ I don't like the major Hollywood stars...Gabriel sure isn't-he likes doing more relatively low products because much like myself and many Gabriel, Ellen and others like them like low budget films-connecting to others-and really isn't that what life is about-not being 'forced' to believe anything by anyone or anything. Would be nice if all religions could get along-there's nothing wrong with Jewish people-I love Jewish people! Smile Maybe It's a dream world-but I have friends and I have my own life-and I'll just continue to live the way I want to live.
(10-26-2012, 08:26 PM)ByrnePerfection Wrote: [ -> ]Mock Catholicism PUH! No, I don't mock-I just know what I don't agree with. I have my own reasons. I've always drifted towards the-not quite 'Hollywood' way but 'creative artists' way. I like writing-I like roleplaying 'erotica' to an extent on twitter and I like the shows I like and one of them happens to be "The New Normal" I love "Law and Order Special Victims Unit," "Chicago Fire," and a few other shows too. I think all religions should get along-I loved the film "Constantine's Sword" since it brought up really good questions and points and I love what Gabriel said in his review about "Constantine's Sword" I believe with him 100%....hmm I did 'used to' think about being a nun-but I learned since then it is not a direction I would or could live by....vows-chastity-the vow of non marriage hmm-I know I couldn't handle that-the vow of 'obedience' and to the church no wayyy...could I deal with that one...giving up my 'rights' to essentially live the way the church thinks-I couldn't do that. The vow of poverty-nice but I don't have that much anyway-and hmm...if I do ever make good $$ I'll give it to the charity(charities) of my choice-hmm people like my 'roleplaying' the way I right-I have a good large audience-I have filmmaker friends-no I'm not trying to mock the church-I'm trying to say why I disagree but this thread kind of hit a 'sweet spot' The New Normal being one of my favorite shows-actually a lot-I know a lot of others through twitter-and-but I just like to be 'creative' and express myself--by films, music...and rightly I don't care what anyone else thinks...I mean unless it would 'hurt' my being-like 'self harm'-yes then I wouldn't mind anyone 'caring' but really being 'like Gabriel' being like the independent film world isn't so bad. Being like Hollywood is bad-and Ellen Barkin and Gabriel Byrne have not used botox- -.- :/ I don't like the major Hollywood stars...Gabriel sure isn't-he likes doing more relatively low products because much like myself and many Gabriel, Ellen and others like them like low budget films-connecting to others-and really isn't that what life is about-not being 'forced' to believe anything by anyone or anything. Would be nice if all religions could get along-there's nothing wrong with Jewish people-I love Jewish people! Smile Maybe It's a dream world-but I have friends and I have my own life-and I'll just continue to live the way I want to live.

Catholicism is the only true religion.  If you don't believe that or want to learn about it, then you don't belong here.  As it says in the rules: "read about what is meant by "traditional Catholics" -- and don't come here to rile people who fit that description. We get smeared everywhere else; it won't happen here."
It's up to you, Byrne, to decide if you wish to be a Catholic or not. This is what Christ said. We cannot have two masters. By the way you are talking, you are not a Catholic.
Pages: 1 2 3