FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Michael Voris
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have starting watching Michael Voris' videos for the first time since his site morphed into ChurchMilitant.tv, and I've noticed that he seems more neo-con than I remember. He seems to be backing away from even slight criticism of VII (specifically separating the 'Spirit of Vatican II' with the council itself). Now, I know that many here in the tank don't like his style, pencil wiggling and hair, and he was never a trad, but has anyone else noticed this increasing neo-con trend with him?
I've noticed the opposite. He's gotten much more trad these days.
(10-27-2012, 06:54 AM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed the opposite. He's gotten much more trad these days.
That's what I've been noticing too.
Symphony8,
may I humbly suggest the following for your listening and furthering of information?

From recent comments within the videos released, the chapel within the Church Militant studios is apparently used for Traditional Latin Masses. I would hazard a guess that he is at least trad-friendly, if a bit off-putting in his manner on occasion.
(10-27-2012, 06:58 AM)Servulus Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2012, 06:54 AM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed the opposite. He's gotten much more trad these days.
That's what I've been noticing too.

X3

I have been told he attends the TLM exclusively now.
Yeah, if anything Voris has gotten more trad.  Apparently he "accepts" the NO and he (at least never in his videos) won't hold the pope accountable for anything, but besides these two things he's pretty much going gun-blazing trad.  From what I can tell he seems to know that the problems in the Church are due to the liturgy and the council, and not some wacky interpretation of them, but the council and the NO itself.

He's made quite a few videos highlighting the growth of traditionalism.
His principle, if I understand it well, is that below the Pope is open season. He won't criticize the Pope. So the Council is part of the papal actions. With that said, if you listen to him you can see that he has opinions. He isn't in willful denial, so to speak. He spoke about VII on one of his Mic'd Up shows, and he distinguished between the Council as an official act of the Church, and the subsequent rebellion of the bishops and faithful in its wake -- artificial contraception being the point of explosion. Note this topic was removed from debate and taken off the agenda by Paul VI in the Council (as was women's ordination). In the speeches, though, the Bishops said quite clearly that were a good number already contracepting, and itching for acceptance of it. 1968 was when it just hit all-out open rebellion. The sexual revolution took any problems relating to the Council and hyper-drived them into the insanity we have now. "Do what thou wilt" was the motto. Ultimately Voris is in the model of Fulton Sheen. Fulton Sheen remained tough, orthodox, and a clear voice for the Faith, while he accepted the validity and liceity of the New Mass, and believed in the vision of the Council. It's essentially the same view, except updated for our time, since he has over 30 years of more information by which he can judge the situation.

He is friendly with traditionalists, and seems sympathetic to the SSPX's situation. Since there are 51 flavors of traditionalism, the label is somewhat useless at this point for describing someone beyond an attachment to the traditional Mass. I do believe that he is a positive influence and contribution to the Church today.

This one: http://en.gloria.tv/?media=262993

And many others.
(10-27-2012, 10:29 AM)Scriptorium Wrote: [ -> ]He is friendly with traditionalists, and seems sympathetic to the SSPX's situation. Since there are 51 flavors of traditionalism, the label is somewhat useless at this point for describing someone beyond an attachment to the traditional Mass. I do believe that he is a positive influence and contribution to the Church today.

He certainly fits within the definition of traditional Catholic that we use on this forum, which is admittedly a broad definition.
His home parish is the Assumption Grotto and the TLM.  When he comes to our archdiocese, a priest from the FSSP offers the Holy Sacrifice, thus exposing more people to this form.

I don't know what some folks expect for a 'trad' label but this man speaks the truth, accepts great persecution which most of us certainly do not have to do.

To be 'trad' is the logical progression of a soul seeking the fullness of faith.

As far as 'accepting' Vatican II--we have to or we are saying that the Holy Spirit is not present when the Holy Father and the bishops gather together.  Yes, God allowed the false interpretation to occur.  It has been a time of testing.  Our present Holy Father is working to 'reform the so-called reform' and right the tilting barque of Peter.
(10-27-2012, 08:13 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, if anything Voris has gotten more trad.  Apparently he "accepts" the NO and he (at least never in his videos) won't hold the pope accountable for anything, but besides these two things he's pretty much going gun-blazing trad.  From what I can tell he seems to know that the problems in the Church are due to the liturgy and the council, and not some wacky interpretation of them, but the council and the NO itself.

He's made quite a few videos highlighting the growth of traditionalism.

He's like me in 2008/9
Pages: 1 2 3 4