FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vigil of the feast of All Saints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Reminder -- fast and partial abstinence on Oct. 31st. 

What? No Hallowen canny?!  Cry
Um... Huh?

Not that I can see (traditional calendar).
Note this is voluntary, not mandatory. But please by all means do it. I just can see the post of people who ask whether it is mandatory.
My calendar has no half fish or fast in red on Oct. 31, 2012. Is this for sure ? The Ember Days were last month.

tim
The Vigil of All Saints was cast aside by Pope Pius XII with the 1955 changes to the Missal, and with that the obligation to fast and abstain. Obviously, whether or not this should have happened is an open question at best, but that is what it is.

I will be fasting and abstaining.
(10-29-2012, 10:14 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]My calendar has no half fish or fast in red on Oct. 31, 2012. Is this for sure ? The Ember Days were last month.

tim

Tim, I tried to upload my traditional liturgical calendar for October here to show "Fast and 1/2 fish" -- problem is I don't know how to upload graphics or videos, etc.  Anyway I went to the Catholic "Jack Chick" page (sorry for being uncharitable) and these people always go by the strict liturgical rules and their calendar shows "fast and 1/2 fish.  Can you show me how you upload those Voris Utube videos and other stuff?  I don't remember where I got my Trad Liturgical calendar.  This the best I can do, perhaps it'll work:  http://www.alcazar.net/CALENDAR%202012.pdf  Go to October
Vincentius, I see it was changed in 1955, so I understand now.

Okay here goes on videos. Remember I too am no computer guy.

1) find the youtubel video

2) go to where you want to post it in another tab.

3) highlight the youtube video in address bar as it is playing, right click, and copy.

4) go to where you'll post it like here at FE, click on youtube at the top in the topic or comment you are posting.

5) with your mouse split the youtube brackets and click your mouse and copy it there.

6) the video should be posted, so click post as you usually do and return just to check.

I don't know how to do pictures or such just the videos.

tim
Before 1955 the vigil of All Saints was a day of fast and abstinence. The vigil comes from roughly the period of the 8th to 9th centuries. The octave was only added in the 15th century.
(10-29-2012, 12:29 PM)Vincentius Wrote: [ -> ]Tim, I tried to upload my traditional liturgical calendar for October here to show "Fast and 1/2 fish" -- problem is I don't know how to upload graphics or videos, etc.  Anyway I went to the Catholic "Jack Chick" page (sorry for being uncharitable) and these people always go by the strict liturgical rules and their calendar shows "fast and 1/2 fish.  Can you show me how you upload those Voris Utube videos and other stuff?  I don't remember where I got my Trad Liturgical calendar.  This the best I can do, perhaps it'll work:  http://www.alcazar.net/CALENDAR%202012.pdf  Go to October

Off topic, but - thank you so much for posting a link to that calandar! I've been needing one of these for a long time.  Smile
Pages: 1 2