FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Oklahoma bishop Switches to Ad Orientem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This summer, Bishop Slattery announced that he would celebrate Mass in the traditional manner, facing with the members of the congregation toward the altar. The bishop said that he was not requiring other priests in the diocese to adopt the same practice, but explained that he had chosen the ad orientem posture as a means of combatting some of the unforeseen and largely negative effects of the liturgical changes since Vatican Ii.

http://ncronline.org/news/faith-parish/o...eople-mass
Nice!
(10-30-2012, 04:25 AM)ecclesiastes Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!

Big deal! "I'll do what's good for me and you do what's good for you!"

And they marched like lemmings...
Very nice, but this does not have any good effect on the whole.
The crisis in the Church goes on and it will be over only if an anti-liberal Pope is elected.
(10-30-2012, 04:12 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]This summer

That article is dated August 21, 2009.
Yeah this happened long ago. Any reason why this was resurrected?
I was lurking, and I saw this thread.  It's about Oklahoma, so I had to chime in.

So, this article was in 2009.

Now, let's look at what Montgisard thinks would happen:

(10-30-2012, 08:05 AM)Montgisard Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice, but this does not have any good effect on the whole.
The crisis in the Church goes on and it will be over only if an anti-liberal Pope is elected.

No good effect on the whole?  How about this...

We now have Latin Mass in three places here in town: St. Augustine, St. Peter and Paul, and occasionally at the Catholic Charities chapel.  Plus, there's a growing group of traditional Catholics in St. Peter and Paul parish, and I've been hearing talk of this ongoing change towards tradition among many of my colleagues--who are not Catholic.

Things are happening at the grass-roots level. 

I'm outta here.  Take care, y'all!

-Laramie
Slattery is a stand up bishop. Totally behind the traditional Benedictines too!