FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Voting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is not voting a mortal sin? Somebody told me it was.
No.
If you don't vote republican it is.

Joking, of course.

Salus, who told you that?
By far the best, authentically Catholic, answer to the question:

http://www.sspx.org/miscellaneous/cathol...voting.htm
Wow!!!
It is a mortal sin if you vote for abortion and other causes which are objectively immoral.
No! In fact I think a case can be made that an American Catholic voting for either candidate in this presidential election sins by doing so. I've explained my reasoning in another thread (which I can't find, now, of courseĀ  LOL), so I won't go into detail here.
(10-30-2012, 07:52 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't vote republican it is.

Joking, of course.

Salus, who told you that?

This. Just listen to whatever catholicvote.org tells you!!!
I am going through quite a little rinse cycle that is beginning to bear fruit for me.

I think voting and especially going through mental gymnastics to try and justify a lesser of two evils is actually sinful.

And if you take it all the way to its logical conclusion, voting itself is sinful no matter who the candidates are. Just because it seems as natural as breathing or drinking does not make it right.
Unless it can be shown to me that it's morally permissible to vote for a man who advocates intrinsic evil, simply because he's a -- barely (due to his possible warmongering) -- lesser evil, then I will not be voting on Tuesday.
Pages: 1 2