FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Virgin Mary Statue that Survived Hurricane Sandy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do not know who took the first picture.
[Image: 178447_414049061996064_376235919_o.jpg]

[Image: 628x471.jpg]
NEW YORK, NY - OCTOBER 30: A Virgin Mary is all that remains from a home which was destroyed during Hurricane Sandy in Breezy Point, Queens on October 30, 2012 in New York, United States. Over 50 homes wer destroyed in a late night and fast moving fire. At least 15 people were reported killed in the United States by Sandy as millions of people in the eastern United States have awoken to widespread power outages, flooded homes and downed trees. New York City was hit especially hard with wide spread power outages and significant flooding in parts of the city. (Spencer Platt, Getty Images)
All praise to the Holy Virgin
She brings hope to a world without hope.
Pray for us Oh holy virgin
That we may become what your son Jesus wants us to be.

Watch, dear Lord, with those who wake or watch or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend your sick ones, O Lord Jesus Christ, rest your weary ones, bless your dying ones, soothe your suffering ones, shield your joyous ones, and all for your love's sake. Amen.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel, pray for us.
As you have us pray in your holy Rosary O Lady, "Save us from the fires of hell and lead us who have most need of your mercy into the Kingdom of your Son."

I am not surprised at all that this happened.  Not the first time, nor wil it be the last.  Remember Hiroshima where the A-bomb was dropped, the Sacred Heart Church was spared and the eight priests who lived there remained unscathed from the radiation.  Ground zero was only 1/2 miles away.

The statue of Our Lady seems to be an indoor one according to the pictures, maybe part of an altar?  The owners of the house that burned down must have been living the message of Fatima.  Any news of their safety?
I was busy yesterday and I saw this picture in several places. The same thought as Vincentius of Hiroshima, and Nagasaki, popped in my mind.

tim
If its not miraculous its at least symbolic of where this country is headed if things don't turn around. Mother of God, help us.
I saw this photo yesterday! It's terribly sad that so many people lost their homes, but there is always hope among the wreckage.

May Our Lady protect and console those good people caught in the path of this devastating storm.
This has been rolling around in my mind, it's like a pictographic message from Fatima, either you do as I ask or what you see will happen world wide.

tim
The world is corrupt and changing and it moved every which way by the tide of the times.

But heaven and the church stand fast, not moving, not changing, a pillar of truth, salvation and glory.
(10-31-2012, 10:52 AM)Richard C Wrote: [ -> ]If its not miraculous its at least symbolic of where this country is headed if things don't turn around.
(10-31-2012, 04:00 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]it's like a pictographic message from Fatima, either you do as I ask or what you see will happen world wide.

Very insightful.  I'm afraid this is accurate, too.
Pages: 1 2