FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fr. John Corapi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(10-31-2012, 07:47 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2012, 11:25 AM)Armor of Light Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to ask on CAF a couple of months ago...but was denied.

I have not heard about him in a long while...I think the Black SheepDog thing is no longer around. I was hoping and praying for his return to the priesthood.
Since I'm new to FE...Is he considered a 'Trad'? Do you have any current news on him?

Thanks

What is it with CAF?  You can't talk about Corapi. You can't talk about Michael Voris or his hair.  You can't talk about Fr. Gruner.  Let's just stick our fingers in our ears and pretend things we don't like don't exist.  Lalalalalalala  Has Fr. Groeschel made the black list yet?  What about Deal Hudson?  Are we allowed any Deal Hudson discussion on CAF?  His crime was quite awhile ago so maybe he's been rehabilitated.  Bah. 

i've never watched michael voris, doc, so what about his hair?  can you say he has hair?  do people think it's a rug?  :shrug:  i have seen still photos of him often enough, can't think of anything to say about his hair.

I wish I had hair like his. :LOL:
(11-01-2012, 11:47 PM)Revixit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2012, 07:47 PM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2012, 11:25 AM)Armor of Light Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to ask on CAF a couple of months ago...but was denied.

I have not heard about him in a long while...I think the Black SheepDog thing is no longer around. I was hoping and praying for his return to the priesthood.
Since I'm new to FE...Is he considered a 'Trad'? Do you have any current news on him?

Thanks

What is it with CAF?  You can't talk about Corapi. You can't talk about Michael Voris or his hair.  You can't talk about Fr. Gruner.  Let's just stick our fingers in our ears and pretend things we don't like don't exist.  Lalalalalalala  Has Fr. Groeschel made the black list yet?  What about Deal Hudson?  Are we allowed any Deal Hudson discussion on CAF?  His crime was quite awhile ago so maybe he's been rehabilitated.  Bah. 

i've never watched michael voris, doc, so what about his hair?  can you say he has hair?  do people think it's a rug?  :shrug:  i have seen still photos of him often enough, can't think of anything to say about his hair.

A Fishie (Jaca?  Spooky?  Sorry, I can't remember  :(( ) got banned from CAF for mentioning his hair. 

As a social experiment, I'm considering joining CAF and starting a thread about Deal Hudson just to see how long I last.  Deal Hudson for great justice.  8)
(11-02-2012, 07:15 AM)DrBombay Wrote: [ -> ]As a social experiment, I'm considering joining CAF and starting a thread about Deal Hudson just to see how long I last.  Deal Hudson for great justice.   8)

Make sure your username is something like "Forelock_tugger_2012" so that you can sneak up on them.
I've not watched EWTN for years but, like a lot of Latin Mass Catholics in the UK, I found his trad rhetoric a refreshing change from the mealy-mouthed pap we have to put up with usually.

So forgive me for being out of the loop, but what's happened to Fr Corapi - has he gone missing or something?  I presumer somethings up otherwise there wouldn't be a post.  Has he been done for selling indulgences?  Maybe he's ill or just having a retreat?
(11-03-2012, 02:31 PM)Remegius Wrote: [ -> ]I've not watched EWTN for years but, like a lot of Latin Mass Catholics in the UK, I found his trad rhetoric a refreshing change from the mealy-mouthed pap we have to put up with usually.

So forgive me for being out of the loop, but what's happened to Fr Corapi - has he gone missing or something?  I presumer somethings up otherwise there wouldn't be a post.  Has he been done for selling indulgences?  Maybe he's ill or just having a retreat?

Accusations of improper behavior were made against him by a former employee.

Corapi denied the accusations and launched a defamation suit. 

SOLT told Corapi to hand over his monies to them.  They needed to settle a complaint about a SOLT priest hiring a hit man to silence his sexual assault victim. 

Corapi was told to come and live in community (ie. sit in a cell in a monastery for the rest of his life) since they stated they believed he was guilty of various offenses.  SOLT never provided any evidence, just their assertions.  SOLT also never made public their need for Corapi's money which would have covered their losses very nicely.

Corapi wanted to defend himself,  Canon law was suspended by his superiors and Corapi's assuances that he would be able to defend himself and examine the evidence against him was never replied to. 

Corapi was told to withdraw his legal actions against his accuser. 

Corapi said no and instead resigned his ministry.  Corapi admitted he'd done a lot of bad things in his life, but categorically maintained his innocence in this circumstance.  The prior year he'd warned that accusations were coming his way and if dirt against him wasn't avialable it would be fabricated. . 

He initated an apostolate as a layman but there were legal squabbles over the domain name and it was closed shortly after the first releases of videos and lectures.  The DVD was "Don't Look Back" an appendix to his Personal Testimony video and there were 3 hours of lectures condemning abortion. 

Since that time, he's kept out of the public for no known reason and a lot of wild speculation. 
Gerard, thank you for the info.

Like I mentioned I still respect Corapi for his forthrite defense of certain Catholic essentials, despite his weak spots around Vat II.  Hope this time of difficulty leads to his exoneration, we cannot do without strong Catholic voices in the media.
Good Priests dont divorce the Catholic Church......cant get around that Gerard
(11-04-2012, 01:04 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]Good Priests dont divorce the Catholic Church......cant get around that Gerard

That's a convenient framing of the situation and it's a nice slogan, but you're wrong.  The trick is how you rely on the use of "The Catholic Church" in this circumstance.  Keep it nice and vague, don't distinguish between "the Church" and "Churchmen"

And then there's the use of the word "divorce."  It's a totally inaccurate term. 

Tell me, does the Catholic Church have a mechanism by which it allows men to legally and licitly end their ministry? 

Does the Catholic Church actually have the power to remove men from ministry even against their will? 

Why is that not  the "good Catholic Church" engaging in "divorce" against their own priests? 

So, you see.  your analogy is silly and not apt at all and you can't get around that. 

I suggest you deal with reality and not your made up fantasies about the Church, you need to stop twisting the truth to suit your agenda. 

I have no agenda....black dog gave up the priesthood......he is married to the church by vows...he walked away.....not good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13