FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fr. John Corapi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(11-04-2012, 08:25 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]I have no agenda....black dog gave up the priesthood......he is married to the church by vows...he walked away.....not good.

How can someone give up the priesthood when he is ordained forever?  You don't have a clue it seems. 

But you sure have an agenda.  You can't even answer the simple questions I asked because you can't risk your smear campaign. 

By all means puff up your non-answers with  slogans instead of arguments while we wait, but  are you eventually going to answer my simple questions or be exposed for exactly what I'm claiming you are? 

i doubt you have the balls to defend your own nonsensical statements.  I think you'll just repeat them over and over again like a well trained parrot.

(11-04-2012, 10:00 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2012, 08:25 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]I have no agenda....black dog gave up the priesthood......he is married to the church by vows...he walked away.....not good.

How can someone give up the priesthood when he is ordained forever?  You don't have a clue it seems. 

But you sure have an agenda.  You can't even answer the simple questions I asked because you can't risk your smear campaign. 

By all means puff up your non-answers with  slogans instead of arguments while we wait, but  are you eventually going to answer my simple questions or be exposed for exactly what I'm claiming you are? 

i doubt you have the balls to defend your own nonsensical statements.  I think you'll just repeat them over and over again like a well trained parrot.

Dude. Calm the **** down. There's no need to rip into Vox personally.  I too share Vox's concern over Fr. Corapi's withdrawal from Priestly ministries. Simply questioning the prudence of Father's recent actions isn't a "smear" campaign. I genuinely desire to see Fr. Corapi return to full active ministry and I lament the fact that he seems to have abandoned the pursuit of this possibility. I realize that there appear to be some very shady and nefarious forces working against him and our Lord will exact His justice soon enough, but abandoning the duties of a Priest doesn't sit well with me.
(11-03-2012, 03:00 PM)Remegius Wrote: [ -> ]Gerard, thank you for the info.

It must be added that one of the accusations against Fr. Corapi was that he owned real estate, though he made a vow of property. This was proven. Gerard glossed over it by talking about some "monies" SOLT asked Fr. Corapi to hand over - well, Fr. Corapi was supposed to have no money to begin with. Giving whatever money he earned to his order is part of his vows.

(11-04-2012, 01:04 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]Good Priests dont divorce the Catholic Church......cant get around that Gerard
(11-04-2012, 10:00 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]

voxxpopulisuxx's language to describe Fr. Corapi's decision is exactly correct. A man who divorces his wife is still married to her. A man who walks out on his wife is still married to her. But he can be said to have abandoned his wife or walked out his marriage. Which is exactly what Fr. Corapi did to the Church when he broke his vow of obedience (despite that his superior's orders were not immoral) and decided to live as a renegade.
I could care less about black dog let alone have a smear campaign against him,,,,. Just as a general rule I despise men who when difficulties arise take a powder on their vows.
(11-04-2012, 10:34 PM)m.PR Wrote: [ -> ]It must be added that one of the accusations against Fr. Corapi was that he owned real estate, though he made a vow of property. This was proven. Gerard glossed over it by talking about some "monies" SOLT asked Fr. Corapi to hand over - well, Fr. Corapi was supposed to have no money to begin with. Giving whatever money he earned to his order is part of his vows.

You know, it's gets really tiresome correcting the willfully ignorant.  I didn't "gloss over" anything.  Corapi was told by his superiors at the beginning of his apostolate that his charism was preaching but SOLT could not afford to support it.  So, Corapi was put in charge of his own finances for 20 years.  Corapi was giving support to SOLT for years. 

Nothing about Corapi owning real estate needed "to be proven."  He was very open about it and everyone knew he'd gotten a significant amount of money from the class action suit against the scam cardiologists that wanted to do bypass surgery on him unnecessarily. 

Corapi's superiors knew all about it, and allowed it and benefited from it.  It was all above board, I heard him live talking about it to 13,000 people. 

Quote: voxxpopulisuxx's language to describe Fr. Corapi's decision is exactly correct. A man who divorces his wife is still married to her. A man who walks out on his wife is still married to her. But he can be said to have abandoned his wife or walked out his marriage. Which is exactly what Fr. Corapi did to the Church when he broke his vow of obedience (despite that his superior's orders were not immoral) and decided to live as a renegade.

His Superiors' orders were immoral.  He was told to abandon any civil defense of himself.  St. Thomas teaches that a man is entitled to his good name.  His superiors detracted and calumniated him publicly and tried to interfere with his defense of himself. 

The symbolism of husband and wife is taken to a bizarre extreme by those who believe the nonsense you are spouting.  A wife doesn't have intermediaries between her and the husband by which she imposes her will on the husband and he is bound to obey in a servile manner.  A wife does not have a legal method of separating the husband or preventing him from exercising his powers as a husband (however you want to take that analogously). 

Fr. Corapi did not leave the priesthood.  He is still a priest and still a Catholic in good standing with the Church.  He resigned his ministry due to the injustices heaped upon him by his corrupt superiors who were more concerned about him after the fact,  than they were about watching the homosexual attacker in their midst who was busy trying to hire someone to murder his victim. 

(11-04-2012, 10:31 PM)Joshua Wrote: [ -> ]Dude. Calm the **** down. There's no need to rip into Vox personally. 

Sure there is. Anytime Corapi is mentioned the smear campaign against him goes on.  He's knows nothing, he gets corrected, he ignores it.  It's a smear campaign, nothing more than pure malice. 

Quote:  I too share Vox's concern over Fr. Corapi's withdrawal from Priestly ministries. 

You may want to rethink your alliances.  As you can see from the subsequent responses.  He could care less about him. 

Quote: Simply questioning the prudence of Father's recent actions isn't a "smear" campaign.

That's not what's happening.  There is a deliberate condemnation, rash judgement, calumniating, detraction, mocking, and a plethora of other evil behaviors that come out against this guy because a bunch of sad sacks are either jealous of him for some reason or they just want a punching bag to take out their impotent frustrations against. 

Quote: I genuinely desire to see Fr. Corapi return to full active ministry and I lament the fact that he seems to have abandoned the pursuit of this possibility. I realize that there appear to be some very shady and nefarious forces working against him and our Lord will exact His justice soon enough, but abandoning the duties of a Priest doesn't sit well with me.

I can live with or without his ministry.  I was curious and went to see him in Newark in 2010 and in general, I liked a lot of what was going on.  There were some issues I had with the organization of the venue and the majority of the people were Novus Ordo Catholics who only had a smattering of the faith in incoherent drips and drabs.  But what he was telling them was good.  I didn't learn anything new from him, but it was good catechesis and good relating of the reality of spiritual warfare. 

His big flaw was adhering to the organizational structure and trying to teach the Catholic faith using Bishop Sheen as a model without fully addressing the gravity of the crisis.  Had none of this happened and he'd figured out that traditional Catholicism was the way to go.  He'd be hailed for going independent or joining a trad group.  But he was too indoctrinated into the system and when it's corruption got to the point where he was in the crosshairs, he took the only way he had available to him that was "legal" as the Church views it. 

If he was really a renegade as the Churchmen view renegades nowadays people would be fawning all over him from the trad perspective. 

He gave a good effort for 20 years.  If he decided it's not worth it, or for whatever reason he's stayed out of the spotlight, if it's by his choice, then God speed to him and I hope he's doing God's will in whatever manner that God wants. 

Antonio Vivaldi was a priest who only said one mass his entire life.  God had other plans for him.  He didn't save too many souls directly probably but he had a huge supporting influence on a culture that inspired people to reach for God.
(11-04-2012, 11:06 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]I could care less about black dog let alone have a smear campaign against him,,,,. Just as a general rule I despise men who when difficulties arise take a powder on their vows.

Oh that's not a contradictory statement. You could care  less and then you say you despise men who do what you've accused Corapi of. 

Your hatred makes you incoherent. 
(11-05-2012, 01:03 AM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2012, 11:06 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]I could care less about black dog let alone have a smear campaign against him,,,,. Just as a general rule I despise men who when difficulties arise take a powder on their vows.

Oh that's not a contradictory statement. You could care  less and then you say you despise men who do what you've accused Corapi of. 

Your hatred makes you incoherent. 
No I could care less about black dog in particular..I dont hate him..hes just another man who when the going got tough he ditched his spouse. That is what I hate..the action he took...so objectively that makes him a BAD father/priest....by their fruits etc etc.. You get it...you see a pattern?
Gerard Wrote:You may want to rethink your alliances. 

I have no "alliance" in this fight, bud. I simply cannot envision a Priest ever having a justification to abandon his sacerdotal duties. Going indie and saying Mass out of a garage is preferable to self-laicization.
(10-31-2012, 11:41 AM)Adam Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]Same can be said for Father Gruener and Father Martin. Both involved with Black Operations for the Jews.

Sigh. People just don't listen, do they?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13