FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Fr. John Corapi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(11-08-2012, 09:06 PM)Joshua Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2012, 08:23 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]The investigation was halted after Father Corapi “sent us a letter resigning from active ministry and religious life. I have written him a letter asking him to confirm that decision. If so, we will help him with this process of leaving religious life,” said Father Sheehan.

Has such a request for laicization been approved by Rome? If not, then he has no right to dress, act and address himself in the manner of a layman.

Can you cite the canon that dictates the dress, etiquette and salutation of clergy?

[Image: ratzinger_suit_med.jpeg]
Another famous one:

[Image: 168_Ratz_Suit02.jpg]
I doubt then-Father Josef Ratzinger ever asked people not to call him Father. You are grasping at straws - it's more than clear that Fr. Corapi has repudiated the priesthood because he could not remain a faithful priest and a sought-after speaker at the same time.

But, yawn. Somebody close this thread.  :deadhorse:
(11-09-2012, 01:27 AM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2012, 09:06 PM)Joshua Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2012, 08:23 PM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]The investigation was halted after Father Corapi “sent us a letter resigning from active ministry and religious life. I have written him a letter asking him to confirm that decision. If so, we will help him with this process of leaving religious life,” said Father Sheehan.

Has such a request for laicization been approved by Rome? If not, then he has no right to dress, act and address himself in the manner of a layman.

Can you cite the canon that dictates the dress, etiquette and salutation of clergy?

[Image: ratzinger_suit_med.jpeg]

Wow ... epic argumentative fallacy!  How about a little fire, straw-man! :LOL:  I'm with you m.PR. This thread has run its course.
There are holy priests in china who have suffered horribly because they would not repudiate the term father...and if some have...they have legitimate cause.
(11-09-2012, 02:22 AM)Joshua Wrote: [ -> ]Wow ... epic argumentative fallacy!  How about a little fire, straw-man! :LOL:  I'm with you m.PR. This thread has run its course.

Nobody's forcing you to read much less comment on it.  Care to explain in detail how the question I asked is a fallacy?  And are you going to answer the question or avoid it?  Or are you going to skulk away?
(11-09-2012, 01:41 AM)m.PR Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt then-Father Josef Ratzinger ever asked people not to call him Father. You are grasping at straws - it's more than clear that Fr. Corapi has repudiated the priesthood because he could not remain a faithful priest and a sought-after speaker at the same time.

But, yawn. Somebody close this thread.  :deadhorse:

Amazing that you think your unfounded assertions are somehow valid and your demands to close the thread should be heeded.  Pretty full of yourself it seems. 
(11-09-2012, 06:33 AM)voXXPopulisuxx Wrote: [ -> ]There are holy priests in china who have suffered horribly because they would not repudiate the term father...and if some have...they have legitimate cause.

You mean "moniker" don't you?  Let's be clear, you just want to continue finding reasons to hate Corapi.  If he still was introducing himself as "Father" you'd get all legalistic and state he has no right to the title. 

You aren't fooling anyone.  Just be honest, you hate that Corapi has the money that you feel you are entitled to.  You'll spend it better, you have kids, you DESERVE it.  Right? 

(11-09-2012, 10:17 AM)Gerard Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2012, 02:22 AM)Joshua Wrote: [ -> ]Wow ... epic argumentative fallacy!  How about a little fire, straw-man! :LOL:  I'm with you m.PR. This thread has run its course.

Nobody's forcing you to read much less comment on it.  Care to explain in detail how the question I asked is a fallacy?  And are you going to answer the question or avoid it?  Or are you going to skulk away?

What in Heaven's name does then-Fr. Ratzinger's unfortunate choice to dress like a layman have anything to do with Fr. Corapi? I asked if Fr. Corapi has had his formal request for laicization approved by Rome (if there even is a formal request at all) in the same manner as Fr. Martin. And your response is what exactly? Are you now defending the practice of clerics foregoing clerical identity based on the example of left-wing clergy?
(11-09-2012, 10:12 PM)Joshua Wrote: [ -> ]What in Heaven's name does then-Fr. Ratzinger's unfortunate choice to dress like a layman have anything to do with Fr. Corapi? I asked if Fr. Corapi has had his formal request for laicization approved by Rome (if there even is a formal request at all) in the same manner as Fr. Martin. And your response is what exactly? Are you now defending the practice of clerics foregoing clerical identity based on the example of left-wing clergy?

Hey, you are the one saying priests don't have the right to dress like a layman.  "Has such a request for laicization been approved by Rome? If not, then he has no right to dress, act and address himself in the manner of a layman.

I simply asked you to point out the canon law or source where you came up with your nonsense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13