FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Happy Reformation Day?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Protestantism is a decease that thankfully is being slowly eradicated by time.
[Image: 579137_129473930535691_326750686_n.jpg]
Yea Jones is a Zionist too. 
(10-31-2012, 08:42 PM)Mafalda Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 579137_129473930535691_326750686_n.jpg]

This is perfect!  LOL
Father John Hardon, SJ
History of the Church, 1517 to Present
"The Real Meaning of Halloween"

http://www.therealpresence.org/archives/...ma_016.htm

A good read. It's also available in MP3 form:

http://www.therealpresence.org/archives/...085000.htm
I laugh so hard everytime I see the wolf meme.  LOL

Thanks for the link Servus. I actually met Father Hardon a year before he died, he heard my confession once. Very nice priest.

(10-31-2012, 07:59 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2012, 07:35 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2012, 07:15 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]To know your rulers discover who you can't(or won't) criticize

This, grammatically, makes no sense to me.

Why not? There's a subject, predicate and an object.

The sentence does not have an explicit subject because the verb is in imperative mood.  Imperatives have an implicit subject "you".  Perhaps this will make it clearer:

[(in order) to know your rulers] (you) discover [who(m) you can't (or won't) criticize.]

purpose clause  ...................  imperative verb ......noun clause as object

Whatever you may have thought, I am the true pedantry champion of FE. Thank you SO much!
Actually, it is the vigil of the Solemnity of All Saints.
Smile Smile Smile
There is no point in praying for the pig of Hell a certain Martin Luther, but we can pray for the innocent souls that have been and are being fooled by his disgusting heresy against God's Holy Church.

For those that would excuse his actions as being a product of a corrupt system in Germany. I would say this, that whatever good he may have pursued in his theses was buried deep by the excrement that spawned from his mouth, mind and pen as he corrupted the teaching and the very scriptures he had claim to defend to agree with his deluded mind.
(11-01-2012, 06:34 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]There is no point in praying for the pig of Hell a certain Martin Luther, but we can pray for the innocent souls that have been and are being fooled by his disgusting heresy against God's Holy Church.

For those that would excuse his actions as being a product of a corrupt system in Germany. I would say this, that whatever good he may have pursued in his theses was buried deep by the excrement that spawned from his mouth, mind and pen as he corrupted the teaching and the very scriptures he had claim to defend to agree with his deluded mind.
You don't know that he is in Hell. History tells us that he was sorry for much what he had. If he made an act of perfect contrition then he could very well b ein Heaven, but if not then we should pray for the repose of his soul.   
Pages: 1 2 3 4