FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Documentary on Northern Irish Troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
With Guy Fawkes day coming up, this is an interesting watch:

I think that we need a new strategy for how we relate to one another. This type of hatred against the Protestants doesn't do anything to promote the Catholic faith to other people. 
(11-01-2012, 01:41 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I think that we need a new strategy for how we relate to one another. This type of hatred against the Protestants doesn't do anything to promote the Catholic faith to other people. 

Hatred?

This is the land of my ancestors.  The English raped and pillaged the land.  You couldn't even be Catholic and hold public office in many parts of Northern Ireland up until just a few years ago.

Enough kowtowing.  That land is rightfully the land of Irish Catholics who have been murdered by the English.
(11-01-2012, 02:23 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2012, 01:41 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]I think that we need a new strategy for how we relate to one another. This type of hatred against the Protestants doesn't do anything to promote the Catholic faith to other people. 

Hatred?

This is the land of my ancestors.  The English raped and pillaged the land.  You couldn't even be Catholic and hold public office in many parts of Northern Ireland up until just a few years ago.

Enough kowtowing.  That land is rightfully the land of Irish Catholics who have been murdered by the English.

Well said.

Hatred?

How long ago did your ancestors come over here?
(11-01-2012, 02:42 AM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: [ -> ]
Hatred?
Well said.
It appears to me that all this fighting is accomplishing nothing good. It makes the catholics look bad. I still say we need a change in strategy. We can't just say we are the true faith. We have to live it. This promotion of hatred is contrary to the charity that we beliieve in as Catholics. The strategy of this type of confrontation is not winning. We have to win the peace, thjere has to be a better way.   
(11-01-2012, 02:42 AM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: [ -> ]

Hatred?

By the way, how much real estate are you all willing to give back to the Indians?

Well said.
"And I say to my people's masters Beware,
Beware of the thing that is coming
Beware of the risen people
Who shall take what ye would not give......"

Padraig Pearse

And I say "Think of the example of the Catholic Faith that you are giving to the world."
Smile Smile Smile
(11-01-2012, 03:22 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]

Hatred?

How long ago did your ancestors come over here?

A few generations back, but what's the difference?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5