FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The Exorcist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A priest of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis discusses his work as an excorcist
Huh? Huh? Huh?

http://www.bsudailynews.com/indiana-prie...JDBX8X1B-I
Oh, don't you just admire how the priest isn't overwhelmingly Catholic, but rather more of a pragmatist and how the doctor can perform her duties without letting her Catholicism influence her?

[quote]

Eh, I'm not sure if the best defense against possession can be said to be anything but the Catholic faith.  Any old faith ain't gonna cut it padre. 

I would not want this man exorcising me. 
[quote='Mithrandylan' pid='1099745' dateline='1351765599']
Oh, don't you just admire how the priest isn't overwhelmingly Catholic, but rather more of a pragmatist and how the doctor can perform her duties without letting her Catholicism influence her?

[quote]

Eh, I'm not sure if the best defense against possession can be said to be anything but the Catholic faith.  Any old faith ain't gonna cut it padre. 
I don't leave my faith at the door when I come to work.
Smile Smile Smile
Maybe we should pray for them.
Pray Pray Pray
Pray Pray Pray
e]
Everybody makes fun of Catholics...until they need an exorcism.
I remember that story of a prot mother who went to a pastor asking him for the deliverance of his son who looked to be possessed.
The pastor advised her to go to a catholic priest saying that his prayers would be unefficient in that case.
(11-01-2012, 10:07 AM)maso Wrote: [ -> ]I remember that story of a prot mother who went to a pastor asking him for the deliverance of his son who looked to be possessed.
The pastor advised her to go to a catholic priest saying that his prayers would be unefficient in that case.

That happens all over the country, all the time.  It's funny that Prots don't put 2 and 2 together.
They do, Walty. They just refuse to read the number as anything but 6 3/4. While there are those who do not know the truth, there are those who will refuse to accept it. Like another said, pray for them.
(11-01-2012, 07:10 AM)Adam_Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Everybody makes fun of Catholics...until they need an exorcism.
Well said.
(11-01-2012, 10:10 AM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2012, 10:07 AM)maso Wrote: [ -> ]I remember that story of a prot mother who went to a pastor asking him for the deliverance of his son who looked to be possessed.

That happens all over the country, all the time.  It's funny that Prots don't put 2 and 2 together.

My prot friend always does this. When we discuss demonic stuff he always mentions holy water/crucifixes/priests/exorcism in a positive light. But the rest if the time he criticizes them. He just doesn't get it...

I heard a similar story about the perosn that they made the movie "the Excorcist"