FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Frequency of reception of Communion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
3 to 4 times a week.
Once a week (or more on occasion if there's a holy day or I can manage to make it to a daily mass) unless aware of serious sin. I feel like I need the graces too badly to stay away otherwise.  Receiving Our Lord under the sacramental veils helps me keep my eye on the big goal, the beatific vision in heaven.

I try to get to confession at least every two months if not asap when aware of a mortal sin or a nagging venial sin.  More often than that and I wind up driving myself crazy, over-analyzing everything.
Jayne maybe you can also make a poll asking how often one goes to Confession, because they seems to correlate (at least among trads anyway lol).
(11-03-2012, 05:23 PM)Spooky Wrote: [ -> ]Jayne maybe you can also make a poll asking how often one goes to Confession, because they seems to correlate (at least among trads anyway lol).

Once a week. How about you, pottymouth?
(11-03-2012, 06:54 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2012, 05:23 PM)Spooky Wrote: [ -> ]Jayne maybe you can also make a poll asking how often one goes to Confession, because they seems to correlate (at least among trads anyway lol).

I try to go to Confession every 2 weeks, or more if I commit a mortal sin.

I don't know why you're trying to be a dick (or maybe you're not trying you just are) but I was making a sincere request. I suspect the rate of Confession to Communion is higher among trads.
(11-03-2012, 07:03 PM)Spooky Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know why you're trying to be a dick (or maybe you're not trying you just are) but I was making a sincere request. I suspect the rate of Confession to Communion is higher among trads.

Nobody should receive communion if they're not in a state of grace - which means they've got to go to confession. This isn't particular to trads.

Whenever I feel the urge to say something foul, I think of Our Lord and the inclination passes.
Why would anyone not try to gain a plenary indulgence at least once a week?  If a person is going to Mass on Sundays anyway, doesn't it make sense to make the extra effort and go to Confession every other week, and Communion every Sunday, and do one of the prescribed works?
(11-03-2012, 07:03 PM)Spooky Wrote: [ -> ]

I guess maybe I am because I never intended to turn you into the Tyrannosaurus Rex of this Forum. I was really and truly surprised that you expressed shock and horror to expletives since they flow as freely from your mouth as beer in Munich.
loggats Wrote:Nobody should receive communion if they're not in a state of grace - which means they've got to go to confession. This isn't particular to trads.

Go make a poll over at, say, Catholic Answers. I can almost guarantee that most will say they attend Communion at least weekly but Confession either rarely or never.

ppe Wrote:Why would anyone not try to gain a plenary indulgence at least once a week?  If a person is going to Mass on Sundays anyway, doesn't it make sense to make the extra effort and go to Confession every other week, and Communion every Sunday?

Yes, Father told me that 1 Confession is good for several indulgences, about every 8 days or so.

Pages: 1 2 3 4