FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Earphones - appropriate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I am extremely furious.  I was typing a massive post and deleted it all by mistake.  I started again explaining this mistake and then went about typing a short and sweet question.  Which I promptly deleted again by mistake.  I will try a third time, short and simple.

Whilst assisting at the Ordinary Form would it be unacceptable to listen to sacred music, Gregoriant Chant, hymns, etc., from the TLM to make the excruciating experience more bearable?  Or would this be being willfully negligent at Mass, etc.?
I would definitely use the earbuds.  At home.
(11-03-2012, 08:38 PM)City Smurf Wrote: [ -> ]I am extremely furious.  I was typing a massive post and deleted it all by mistake.  I started again explaining this mistake and then went about typing a short and sweet question.  Which I promptly deleted again by mistake.  I will try a third time, short and simple.

Whilst assisting at the Ordinary Form would it be unacceptable to listen to sacred music, Gregoriant Chant, hymns, etc., from the TLM to make the excruciating experience more bearable?  Or would this be being willfully negligent at Mass, etc.?

if you find the ordinary form so unbearable, you shouldnt be assisting at it.
I accept the OF as a valid and licit liturgy and at times I am compelled to attend to fulfil obligations.  Such as when I cannot get to my Sunday TLM.  I will not stop fulfilling my obligations.

The OFs I regularly assist at are not riddled with abuses.  Just the usual OF stunts: female lay readers, army of EMHC, no kneeling for communion, etc.  But it's all just wearing me down.  I'm just so... Tired and I've lost all sense of my interior participation at the OF because my senses are assaulted constantly, giving no room to breath and take in what's happening at the altar. I'm just... Tired.
(11-03-2012, 08:57 PM)City Smurf Wrote: [ -> ]I accept the OF as a valid and licit liturgy and at times I am compelled to attend to fulfil obligations.  Such as when I cannot get to my Sunday TLM.  I will not stop fulfilling my obligations.

The OFs I regularly assist at are not riddled with abuses.  Just the usual OF stunts: female lay readers, army of EMHC, no kneeling for communion, etc.  But it's all just wearing me down.  I'm just so... Tired and I've lost all sense of my interior participation at the OF because my senses are assaulted constantly, giving no room to breath and take in what's happening at the altar. I'm just... Tired.

C'mon smurf.  The tube top lay readers, grandma EMHC's and Joe Blow in his flip flops taking communion in the paw IS participation at the NO.

Act the part or don't show up.

Or just don't show up.  Like I said, I'd use the earphones.  At home.
How about attending a very early NO in the morning. My experience before I learned about Tradition is that those Novus ordo liturgies are tolerable as there is no music, and the cleric reads the texts himself.
(11-03-2012, 09:00 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2012, 08:57 PM)City Smurf Wrote: [ -> ]I accept the OF as a valid and licit liturgy and at times I am compelled to attend to fulfil obligations.  Such as when I cannot get to my Sunday TLM.  I will not stop fulfilling my obligations.

C'mon smurf.  The tube top lay readers, grandma EMHC's and Joe Blow in his flip flops taking communion in the paw IS participation at the NO.

QFT.
(11-03-2012, 08:42 PM)Miles Christi Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2012, 08:38 PM)City Smurf Wrote: [ -> ]I am extremely furious.  I was typing a massive post and deleted it all by mistake.  I started again explaining this mistake and then went about typing a short and sweet question.  Which I promptly deleted again by mistake.  I will try a third time, short and simple.

if you find the ordinary form so unbearable, you shouldnt be assisting at it.

This.
(11-03-2012, 09:00 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]C'mon smurf.  The tube top lay readers, grandma EMHC's and Joe Blow in his flip flops taking communion in the paw IS participation at the NO.

Don't forget the lady that forces you to grab her hand during the Our Father, or the dude that shanghais you into being an usher.
Going to the NO should be an act of penance  :LOL: Then again, it can also be an occasion of sin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13