FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Mary Our Mother
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am not the devote Catholic I should be.  I have struggled with dogma and doctrine.  Not that I don't believe the teaching of our religion.  It's just that I don't experience my faith as deeply as I wish I would. I am a sinner. But  one thing that gives me assurance is the anger I experience anytime anyone speaks of Our Blessed Mother in a way that is less that the most extreme respect.  I do not doubt what our faith teaches.  Often I do not know how to defend my faith to the likes of protestants or secular humanist or anyone else. Often I feel I am lukewarm.  But when it comes to Mom, Our Lady I just loose my s**t when anyone is less than reverent to her.  I mean I become violent inside.  I want to physically hurt people.  I envision beating the living crap out of man and woman alike.  I know that Christ was condescended himself to become man.  He lived and preached the Good News.  He suffered  under Pontiac Pilot was crucified died and buried      He rose from the dead and ascended  into heaven for my sins.  I have heard this all of my life.  I know it is true.  But I don't experience in the way I should.  It saddens me.  But what gives me credence is the fact that I am so protective of respect for our Blessed Mother.  Looser protestants tell me I should have a personal relationship with Jesus.  I do have a personal relationship with him.  But it seems I am more passionate when it come to our blessed mother.  I mean I have a hard time controlling myself.  I guess I am just mixed up.  Thanks for letting me post and vent.
Daniel

Have you tried the consecration to Mary? She points us, in all things, to her Son.

I can understand a little of where you're coming from - I was raised Catholic, but found myself much more focused on God as ineffable, transcendent, than His Incarnate reality. It was a long time before I embraced Jesus Christ fully, and it's been a profound time in my life.
Daniel,

Try to pray to the BVM more, and ask her to help you with the Faith and bring you closer to her Son. Three Hail Mary's on rising and retiring will really help.
May Mary Our Queen lead you more perfectly to her son Jesus - Learn more about the Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary,
visit www.totalconsecration.ageofmary.com/ for more information and a free book to make the Consecration.

Prayer By St. Anthony - Mary, Our Queen
Mary, our Queen,
Holy Mother of God,
we beg you to hear our prayer.
Make our hearts overflow with divine grace
and resplendent with heavenly wisdom.
Render them strong with your might
and rich in virtue.
Pour down upon us the gift of mercy
so that we may obtain the pardon of our sins.
Help us to live in such a way
as to merit the glory and bliss of heaven.
May this be granted us by your Son Jesus
who has exalted you above the angels,
has crowned you as Queen,
and has seated you with him
forever on his refulgent throne. Amen.
Daniel,
I second those suggesting the Total Consecration to Mary. I'm about halfway through it, myself, for similar reasons to your own.

:pray:
I third that, consecrate yourself and your family if you're married, wear the brown scapular, and remember if you give the ascent of your will it's what is required. In the Body of Christ not all of us are called to study, some have to do other work. And just in case you don't know there will not be a final test on the councils, encylicals, and the writings of the Fathers. (hehehe) Practice makes perfect even at being a good Catholic. Maybe find a Office of the BVM and prat it. Pray the rosary, stay close to Our Lady, and practice the faith, and remain in the Sacraments. Not every one is Albertus Magnus, some of us are the gardners ad janitors.

tim
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that medjogorie ad is at the top of this thread?
(11-04-2012, 02:02 PM)fatiam13 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one who finds it ironic that medjogorie ad is at the top of this thread?

Indeed.

Daniel, if you stay close to Our Lady, you are always close to her Son.

:pray: the Rosary

[Image: rosary02.jpg]
:pray:
(11-04-2012, 02:52 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]:pray: the Rosary

[Image: rosary02.jpg]

Pages: 1 2