FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Last Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last night:

Feast of All Souls
19th Century unwreckovated cathedral
Tridentine Requiem Mass
Black vestments
Gregorian chant
Dies Irae
solid homily on Purgatory
cassocks, birettas, incense, reverence
a young priest observing the TLM in order to learn it

These are good things.
I didn't have it  as good as you:
but I had Feast of All Souls
Black Vestments
Requiem Mass
Gregorian Chant (with yours truly in the group)
cassocks, birettas, incense,
Dies Irae,
homily on death, and praying for the dead in purgatory,
then following was dinner with a group of young trads in the area
(which is part of group that meets every first friday at my cathedral)

tradition is coming back in some places
(unfortunately no Libera Me, because the body of the bishop being mourned wasnt in the Cathedral).
Feast of All Souls:
St. Francis de Sales Oratory: http://www.institute-christ-king.org/stl...tual-tour/
Black Vestments
Solemn Requiem Mass with Absolution
Gregorian Chant
Multiple seminarians in attendance.
etc.

Saturday morning Springfield, IL
Requiem Mass FSSP Priest
Black Vestments
Gregorian Chant with newly ordained Priest (May) fluent in Latin and Chant leading the choir
Homily about Church Suffering, Church Militant, Church Triumphant and visiting cemetery to receive indulgence
Nov 1 thru Nov 9
Also able to complete first of five first Saturdays
59 yr old former Altar boy, I don't recall ever being at Requiem Mass before.
(11-04-2012, 12:57 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]Feast of All Souls:
St. Francis de Sales Oratory: http://www.institute-christ-king.org/stl...tual-tour/
Black Vestments
Gregorian Chant
etc.

How beautiful. It invokes in me, great feelings of solemnity & sacred silence. As a fellow Missourian, I toured the Basillica many times, but I do dream of praying the Latin Mass at the Oratory some day.
(11-04-2012, 03:28 PM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ]
Black Vestments
Gregorian Chant
etc.

How beautiful. It invokes in me, great feelings of solemnity & sacred silence. As a fellow Missourian, I toured the Basillica many times, but I do dream of praying the Latin Mass at the Oratory some day.

Where in Missouri? In the Jefferson City Diocese, we're petitioning Ecclesia Dei for the FSSP.

I do love the Oratory in St. Louis, though! Very holy priests, and friendly parishioners.
(11-04-2012, 01:10 AM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: [ -> ]Last night:

Feast of All Souls
19th Century unwreckovated cathedral
Tridentine Requiem Mass
Black vestments
Gregorian chant
Dies Irae
solid homily on Purgatory
cassocks, birettas, incense, reverence
a young priest observing the TLM in order to learn it

These are good things.

Here, none of the above.  sad(
Was able Friday to assist at 4 Low Requiems, serving one of one priest, and then assisting at two of another, and serving for his third Mass said later in the day.  Also was good to be able to help the Poor Souls with the Toties Quoties Indulgence.  Let's do our best the coming week to get to the cememtary when possible for the plenary indulgenced attached to praying for the souls while there.

Joe
Black Vestments
Gregorian Chant
etc.

Deo gratias
(11-04-2012, 03:37 PM)OzarkCatholic Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2012, 03:28 PM)JoniCath Wrote: [ -> ]
Black Vestments
Gregorian Chant
etc.

Where in Missouri? In the Jefferson City Diocese, we're petitioning Ecclesia Dei for the FSSP.

I do love the Oratory in St. Louis, though! Very holy priests, and friendly parishioners.

Nope. I'm in the Kansas City diocese & we do have  Old St, Patrick's Christ the King Oratory, However, It's in downtown K.C. & we live at the northern end of the diocese........we're close to Iowa. It's a drive that we can't afford to make every Sun. with high gas prices.Round trip it would be close to 200 miles.  However, we are going there for Christmas Mass.

My son & his family live in your diocese. He'll be thrilled to know that there is a chance that the FSSP. might be coming. I'm surprised that Bishop Gaydos has agreed to that.
Pages: 1 2