FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What is the best translation of "Abandonment to Divine Providence"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The copy I got from the library is translated by John Beevers. On the back of the book, there is a review by a Rabbi saying the book is not just for Christians. This concerns me that maybe the translation watered down Church teaching. What's the best translation?
Here is the one stocked by the Fraternity of St. Peter:  http://www.fraternitypublications.com/abtodipr.html

I looked at the first few pages at Amazon.com.  The translator's name is not given, but it says the book is a reprint of the 1921 edition.  Should be safe from "creativity."
(11-13-2012, 12:12 PM)Hamburglar Wrote: [ -> ]The copy I got from the library is translated by John Beevers. On the back of the book, there is a review by a Rabbi saying the book is not just for Christians. This concerns me that maybe the translation watered down Church teaching. What's the best translation?

Welcome to FE! You need an avatar to go with that screenname.
Does anyone have any personal experience reading one of the translations? Also, it looks like the TAN Classics copy that a user above linked to was translated by E.J. Strickland. It is nice that it has an Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat, but that version of the book will cost me 3 times as much as the Beevers translation so I want to make sure it really is the best.