FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: To the resident eschatologists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is a good source for learning about such things? I confess almost total ignorance.

It seems we are in for a chastisement from God. I would hope that the Church would emerge from that as a dominant force in the world. I've also read things here about a Great Warning and such that will precede the End. From where does that notion come?
I think John Salza has a section on it.

His site is down now.  But when it's up, head here: http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

His site is great, because it's all either scripture, or Tradition from the fathers.  Private revelations and stuff are nice and they're to each his own, but I am generally bothered more than helped by six dozen different prophecies, none which are necessary for salvation, all which could be interpreted to mean many different things.
I've been listening to this video this week.  There's nine parts.  Here's part 1:

The book Trial, Tribulation and Triumph: Before, During, and after Antichrist by Desmond Birch is probably the most thorough reading material on this subject I can think of, though it's a bit long at over 600 pages and a bit repetitive, but I'd still recommend it.
I ran across this interesting article back in August, also.

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/pat-archb...f-the-king
You could start with the Book of the Apocalypse. It is the last book of the New Testament.
Try the blog 'Defeat Modernism' by Eric Gajewski.
I've found Yves DuPont to be interesting.
(11-15-2012, 02:43 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I've found Yves DuPont to be interesting.

I found that book to be a bit sensational for my liking.  A good compendium of prophecies, though.
(11-15-2012, 02:49 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2012, 02:43 PM)Walty Wrote: [ -> ]I've found Yves DuPont to be interesting.

I found that book to be a bit sensational for my liking.  A good compendium of prophecies, though.

I was referring more to his book and the large amount of articles you can find online.  He's extremely well read and provides copious citations.  I like reading his conclusions, but always taken them with a grain of salt.  The treasure of DuPont is, as you said, in his research.
Pages: 1 2